American expat AARON DENNIS ADAIR goes postal in Kampot, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: American expat AARON DENNIS ADAIR goes postal in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by mannanman »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:32 pm Thanks a lot for your story, man. Great to hear how it is, rather than clueless rants on here from the holier-than-thou codgers complaining about the loser user. Almost any wrong-doing gets meth-associated (they'll say, "probably because it is", but label 1 unjustly and all the correct "guesses" are dismissed). If people are interested in your story (a lot of positive presses), monetise it. A couple of other positives; "Users don't lose drugs" and, there's only 3 sleeps 'til Xmas.
I don’t really understand most of your post but he’s not a user anymore and I’m sure he’d be the first to admit he probably was a loser user.

Many users blame everyone else for their addiction but themselves.
People of the world, spice up your life.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

mannanman wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:57 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:32 pm Thanks a lot for your story, man. Great to hear how it is, rather than clueless rants on here from the holier-than-thou codgers complaining about the loser user. Almost any wrong-doing gets meth-associated (they'll say, "probably because it is", but label 1 unjustly and all the correct "guesses" are dismissed). If people are interested in your story (a lot of positive presses), monetise it. A couple of other positives; "Users don't lose drugs" and, there's only 3 sleeps 'til Xmas.
I don’t really understand most of your post but he’s not a user anymore and I’m sure he’d be the first to admit he probably was a loser user.

Do you really believe "Many users blame everyone else for their addiction but themselves"? I would say that those users are not being honest, and more so with themselves.

Khmu Nation » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:49 am

At the risk of over sharing about my private life I think I am qualified to answer your question.
An old friend, was a heroin user, I met up with him one time, he told me he had kicked the habit some time ago, but said he had another illness caused by the drug taking. He mentioned that his son was now on the drug, but he would not interfere, saying he should stop, the reason why, he gave me was it was the one of the better times of his life. Sometime later I was told the news my friend had passed away.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to file that appropriately. Yeah, I tend to type as fast... dont check. Couldn't pick up where I implied he was still using; the first "is" instead of "was", perhaps? Allow me to return the favour: You're "sure"? "..he'd be the first...(I'll leave probably). So, you know that he would confess and nobody previously had done so? I could go to town on the last statement, but I don't wanna play pesky pedanticism anymore, other than to ask, does "many" refer to a particular number, or a percentage, of cases you obviously have reliable knowledge of?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Can you break down the definition of a "loser user" because I always assumed (probably like everyone else) that all users were losers?
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Wasn’t my term it was incomprehensible guy up there ^^.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Not sure who you are asking as we both mentioned the phrase, although my usage should have depicted a quotation, and while Mananman (I edited from Bananaman and later manonman, recalling I was no longer 12) is 100% positive the writer is more than 50% ... I've got this. Just read your "wasn't me" cry. Did the meany man upset you? I was gonna help ya. Own it. See if you know any of these words (I typed slowly):
I will omit weed smokers but have to include alcoholics, albeit briefly with Oscar de la hoya, Michael Phelps and painter, Jackson Pollock. Oh, and likely a few here, but that is not a problem drug, because it's legal. And you use it (take a stab at it). Would you refer to any of the following as losers?: 1)Neurologist, Sigmund Freud, a psychoanalyst genius, was a coke addict. 2)Dr Bill Halstead, a trailblazing surgeon focused on breast cancer, got through his workload (which included the first-ever mastectomy) while addicted to morphine. 3)Whitney Houston lost, but is that the same kind of loser you imagine? (Course it is, right?). 4)You might have your claim to fame queried if you had yelled "loser!" to either Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Judy Garland or Elvis, all of whom suffered the same fate as beautiful Whitney, ODing, but on Barbiturates. Again they lost early (I think MJ was oldest at 50, the others 40s (MM 30s?), but the girls were almost unrivalled, the other 2 were "Kings". 5)Arguably, the greatest Mathematician (certainly of his time), Paul Edross?, used amphetamines daily. 6)Daniel Baldwin and Tim Allen of Tool Time did time for coke and were addicts. 7)Remember the non-Olsen daughter in Full house? Sweet Jodie Sweetin, joined a twin and became addicted to our old froe, Meth. Hitler was also a methheadcase, and look how calm and collected he was :shock:
I could go on all day. ( :director: -You do!). Some cleaned up, like Rob Downey Jnr to re-emerge better than ever. Others, like Steve "Couldn't have created...without LSD" Jobs has been labelled a genius. But every one who fell victim to the disease, crammed more into their lives than every member here combined, I reckon. Myself excluded. If you consider them all losers, I hope you are vaccinated because it's another non-discriminating disease that you are lucky didn't find you.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:49 am
At the risk of over sharing about my private life I think I am qualified to answer your question.

-----cut down to avoid a wall of text----

( Disclaimer: I am no longer a junkie and have been clean for about 5 years. )
Thanks for being brave enough to put your self out there, really good read and congrats on overcoming your addiction.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:49 am I even taught one dealer's son English a few of hours a week and was paid in heroin.

Also this seems like a plot device in a dark comedy.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:01 am Aaron Dennis Adair was charged with destruction of property and will be sent to court in Kampot. He also had a criminal charge of 'voiding human excretion' in Pennsylvania back in 2007, but the charges were dropped earlier last month.

The criminal charge of 'voiding human excretion' is taking a shit in public. This is a real nutcase and he's highly religious, going by his posts from last year. At the tail end of the video where he goes postal, his last words are, "God is watching!"
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Yeah, I was a loser when a user - or maybe society had made me feel like a loser and that lead me to being a user. I don't know. But I do know this. Heroin addiction is no different from alcoholism and, yes, I agree they are both for losers or they certianly both turn people into total losers. There are so many drunks in this part of the world sitting in their usual spot at some dive bar at the same time every night of the week banging on about

(a) lockdown (b) global politics (c) sport (d) life in PP (or Saigon or wherever) and how you are paying too much for EVERYTHING and they get everything CHEAPER
(d) why the entire indigenous population are total assholes (e) some dog on their street that barks too much (f) the price of land and how they are considering buying some plot (that they have been considering buying for the last decade) (g) gossip about the other expats in their scene (h) currency exchange rate and how it affects their pension (i) Bitcoin

This is all before they get picked up by the wife on her brand new high-end scooter (paid for by him) to get driven home because they "can't drive in se asia, these gooks dont have a goddamn clue about road safety!" when really they don't drive due to road rage which is actually caused by their alcoholism - but they can't see this as they aren't alcoholics - "I just enjoy a few beers in the evening goddamit"

A bunch of these dudes used to gather at a bar on Pham Ngu Lao Q.1 HCMC that I used to frequent. I got on first name terms with them, went around their houses etc. However, upon discovering I was a heroin user they all totally ostracised me, called me a loser, a junkie, a scumbag etc and they never spoke to me again. I found it very odd. They were all drunks and most of them sat there smoking pot all night as well.

Conditioning, that's all. All drugs are equally shit

Everything in moderation

:thumb:
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Heroin in moderation? Is that even possible?

I know a lot about of “drunks” but they are not how you describe. They drink their beers talk shit and go home on their own!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic