Beef brisket??

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Beef brisket??

Post by Ozinasia »

useful link I've been looking for silverside and this is first place I've seen it . Found it very hard to find beef Kidney and liver also .
For first time did find beef kidney at Aeon.
I've no idea where these places are ?? Dan Meat, Super Meats, Strokesys, The Meat Shop, LSH ?? Are these like real butcher shops ?
Guess I need to get out more
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Ozinasia wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:04 pm useful link I've been looking for silverside and this is first place I've seen it . Found it very hard to find beef Kidney and liver also .
For first time did find beef kidney at Aeon.
I've no idea where these places are ?? Dan Meat, Super Meats, Strokesys, The Meat Shop, LSH ?? Are these like real butcher shops ?
Guess I need to get out more
All those places are real butchers shops, LSH is a wholesale supplier to restaurants, all can be found on FarceBook. Strokesys best for corned silverside.

Reference smokers, yes you can get wood smokers in Cambodia you just need to search, there's a bloke in SR called Ace Roy (FarceBook) who fabricates Ugly Drum Smokers, some of the BBQ's sold at Home-Fix can be used as smokers, or you can get one locally fabricated, or there is a bloke across the border in Vietnam who fabricates high quality smokers (search Duy's Oven on FarceBook). I think most Texans would laugh at NKOTB's suggestion of using a pellet smoker. Sometimes you'll come across people selling off their 2nd hand smokers on FarceBook buy n sell groups also, but you gotta be quick.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Thank you I am not a farce book kinda guy don't have account however I see here in Cambo its a necessity for shopping
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Ozinasia wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:50 pm Thank you I am not a farce book kinda guy don't have account however I see here in Cambo its a necessity for shopping
Yes, definitely very handy to have in Cambodia.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

found Strokesys on farce book looks great just what I have been looking for seems they have it all .. going to head that way asap
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Ozinasia wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:28 pm found Strokesys on farce book looks great just what I have been looking for seems they have it all .. going to head that way asap
Good idea to message in advance to confirm they actually have what you're after in stock, generally they do, but as with all food suppliers in Cambodia from wholesalers to supermarkets to local wet markets, some items may be out of stock due to supply issues.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Unfortunately, The Meat Shop closed its doors last year.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:I think most Texans would laugh at NKOTB's suggestion of using a pellet smoker.
Austin is the super progressive side of Texas. The newest and coolest. Pellet smoking is the newest fad, because of ease of use. Pre-made pellets from a bag. It’s definitely trendy now, because I took the photo at Walmart.

Everyone else uses wood logs or chips.

I just buy my brisket from any number of the local BBQ places. Or head over to the Hill Country where they just wrap them in butcher paper and serve.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:57 pm Unfortunately, The Meat Shop closed its doors last year.
You are right, I was confusing the Meat Shop with Meatup.shop
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:08 pm
Austin is the super progressive side of Texas. The newest and coolest. Pellet smoking is the newest fad, because of ease of use. Pre-made pellets from a bag. It’s definitely trendy now, because I took the photo at Walmart.
Sure is, did you ever hang out at the Butthole Surfer's ranch?

Warning, this movie is a bit on the wild side:

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic