Smart SMS not working

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Smart SMS not working

Post by Doc67 »

Is the Smart SMS service down at the moment?

It just keeps bouncing back, despite credit on the phone and a couple of tests texts to other people - same result, message sending failed.

Any ideas?
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Re: Smart SMS not working

Post by bossho »

Maybe do a deep reboot or two if you have not already. Turn off for 45 second and then turn it back on. After that I would look up the model phone you have the problem with and state the problem and google it. My SMART texting seems ok, but I am a day's drive North of you so not a good reference. Their website is not reporting anything at this time..
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

bossho wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:17 am Maybe do a deep reboot or two if you have not already. Turn off for 45 second and then turn it back on. After that I would look up the model phone you have the problem with and state the problem and google it. My SMART texting seems ok, but I am a day's drive North of you so not a good reference. Their website is not reporting anything at this time..
Tried the on and off game. Plus did a forced reboot. One of the google sites says do a "Wipe partition" but that sounds permanent and I foresee big problems with me rummaging around in that part of my phone.

Someone just texted me which worked fine, but my reply just bounced back with "Couldn't send message" notice.

My Internet went out last night, Opennet know about it and are sending engineers this morning. I am using my mobile as a hotspot for internet access. Could this be something to do with it?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Before u start fucking with ur phone, borrow or buy another sim card an try
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

agreed with PR on the other SIM, sounds like you re getting some mastery over this stuff, yes the hotspot and the outage could have s thing to do with your SMS probs in my basic understanding of these things. I'm afraid I'm just a sprinter here in this field and I'm gassed out i.e. no more tricks to offer. There appear to be some tech savvy people here so I would wait for them to appear as a safe bet.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:54 am Before u start fucking with ur phone, borrow or buy another sim card an try
The greedy bastards at smart are still charging me 5c per failed text message.

I'm taking it into a shop and let someone, who knows what they are doing, have a go.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

oh, yeah, that's wise. I like the one at Sorya Centerpoint. Times I've been in there the crew was helpful.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:18 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:54 am Before u start fucking with ur phone, borrow or buy another sim card an try

I'm taking it into a shop and let someone, who knows what they are doing, have a go.
Try your sim in another phone.
Go to the Smart shop and get them to fix it.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:35 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:18 am

Try your sim in another phone.
Go to the Smart shop and get them to fix it.
That's my plan. A man should know his limitations...
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

The phrases one learns here :D (I used to say "before you mess with your phone...")
I'll try this next time someone needs my help with phone issues
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic