squatter family tried to extort me for $150

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
yochigga
Tourist

Re: squatter family tried to extort me for $150

Post by yochigga »

Fucking scheming opportunists. If I were you I'd start looking for another place ASAP. Must be a pain in the ass dealing with that kind of retards.
barang_TK
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by barang_TK »

You should contact your village chief, he's the one who can calm things down before bigger troubles happen.
Small money for his mediation is always welcomed.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

You could also tell your landlord about the problem you're having and that you may have to move out if this continues. Your landlord may know how to handle the problem with the local authorities.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

HarryBF111 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:33 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:56 am
Spigzy wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:03 pm Ol' Boney is innocent!
We need a photo of Ol Boney.

I'll do the posters...

No wonder Ol Boney wants to conceal his identity with teeth like that, was it meth or too many sugary drinks?
HarryBF111
Tourist

Post by HarryBF111 »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:08 pm You could also tell your landlord about the problem you're having and that you may have to move out if this continues. Your landlord may know how to handle the problem with the local authorities.
Landlord is GF's father- who is a cousin of the village chief, so have no wish to move out. It's a nice place, in a nice quiet area over the bridge. More a village than the city, but is probably due for development sooner rather than later.

The problem is this family from hell- most other neighbors have had issues in the past- they steal, they cuss and have dozens of feral children up to no good and are like a pack of wolves should anyone say a word, then the whole pack comes out.

I'm not foolish enough to go down that way alone these days, but have, and there are about a dozen shacks all the same from the same bloodline, mostly all unemployed and breeding like rabbits. Funny how families from hell are same world over.

But, Ol' Skin n' Bones is still going, Barry McFeisty is too and no meat has been chucked over. I'd stuff the dog's corpse in a sack, leave it in the sun for a day or 2 and throw it over into the middle of their yard if I thought they were poisoning.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

1. take photos of as many of the family as possible.

if they have ripped off others, then you may have some allies in the hood

2. see if you can buy off the right person.

anecdote:
european guy married to khmer woman in snooky
few years ago had a restaurant on the beach.
khmer family owned one next to his.
he did so much better business that the khmers set fire to his place.
he had to move around the corner to the frontage road behind the beach.
everybody here knows it.
then he was just sitting there, no business. tried to sell, had to keep lowering the price... end of dream.

thais play the same games. one of the dirty little secrets of SEA
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic