Viet/Aussie woman says she's been consistently fetishised over her race since her teens

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Viet/Aussie woman says she's been consistently fetishised over her race since her teens

Post by Big Daikon »

1. Posts sexy pics.
2. Complains of men harassing her.
3. Writing career.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Viet/Aussie woman says she's been consistently fetishised over her race since her teens

Post by canucklhead »

Maybe shes the number 1 on searches for: Aus/Vietnamese/Ho.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

So why does this woman need to go on a dating app to find a partner anyhow?
I've tried a couple of dating apps on and off and much prefer meeting someone through work or friends or in pubs like the good old days :)

I remember talking to a couple of girls on apps that were horrified at the thought of just randomly meeting in a bar due to safety concerns which really surprised me
their take was chatting online, gathering intel, checking out the blokes social media was their safest approach

sad times in a way, it takes the spontaneity out if it
Even the ugly ones
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

My Online Bride (2014) - British men search for love abroad [00:47:26]

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:38 am
Ho, a 28-year-old event stylist and anti-racism campaigner
What's an event stylist anyway? :unknown: Is that some new fancy name for event organiser or decorator?
event stylist

means currently unemployed

anti-racism campaigner

Nauseating gobshite with an axe to grind.

Damn glad she's in Australia, they've done a find job creating that monstrosity.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

It seems some people are just looking for a reason to be ticked off. It seems like a psychological phenomenon.

To me, "I have yellow fever" means "I think Asian people are attractive." What's wrong with that?

And regarding the "submissive" stereotype, there are real cultural differences for people that were born and raised in SE Asia, although for someone who grew up in Australia I wouldn't assume their behavior would be any different. Maybe only a slight difference through family influence.

Just my view but these people that are getting all worked up would be better off moving to a poor country and trying to help out on some real serious social, economic, cultural issues- if they are really concerned about making the world a better place.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:52 pm @clutchcargo
I too also prefer face to face, that's why I usually end up on beach road or Soi 6,
Can't be bothered with all these new fantangled dating app things 🤒
Well Dave... would ya?
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

I've tried a couple of dating apps on and off and much prefer meeting someone through work or friends or in pubs like the good old days :)

I remember talking to a couple of girls on apps that were horrified at the thought of just randomly meeting in a bar due to safety concerns which really surprised me
their take was chatting online, gathering intel, checking out the blokes social media was their safest approach

sad times in a way, it takes the spontaneity out if it
[/quote]
A “modern” first date must be like a meeting of two stalkers, they already know practically everything about each other, what the hell do they talk about?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Over the years, I have seen a few Asian (South, East and SE) women who build an identity and career based on hating White people. All while living in Anglosphere nations, mind you.

South Asian female academic in Seattle:

Korea-born American journalist at the NYT:

Her personal life:

Again, these chicks send out strong Headache Vibes.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:53 am Perhaps Alyssa could portray a totally different image of herself by posting Instagram photos of her looking professional sitting at a desk in an office, rather than sitting on an unmade bed. :facepalm:

Am I victim-blaming, or is she just playing the #metoo game?

https://www.instagram.com/alyssahowritings/?hl=en
Any chance you could post the photo? I don't have Instagram and can't see the photo.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic