Places that REQUIRE Vaccination IN CAMBODIA

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Places that REQUIRE Vaccination IN CAMBODIA

Post by Dunderhead »

Either the vaccine works in which case the vaccinated are protected from the unvaxxed or it does not work, but the media can make people believe anything, just keep repeating the message and nonsense is taken as fact.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

What better way to guarantee the success of your business in these already challenging times than to come up with an idea to further limit your cashflow.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

canucklhead wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:05 am What better way to guarantee the success of your business in these already challenging times than to come up with an idea to further limit your cashflow.
There are plenty of wealthy people out there who will choose what they perceive as Covid secure rather than a place where unvaccinated and infected people are allowed in and possibly spread it around. It's only 90% protection at best, so there is still a chance of getting it even when vaccinated.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Me and jr. had to have our feast at home , after being closed for a week , BK opened and only lets you eat in if you got your shot

พิซออนเดอรูฟ
highrider
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by highrider »

Any updates here? Any news out of Siem Reap?

Although I don't see this lasting forever, there is now a global trend towards this happening so I can't see them relaxing the vaccine passports anytime soon, but rather, expanding their use. This, despite 95% of Phnom Penh residents of eligible age reportedly having received at least one shot, and 70% having had both doses.
bobagubi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by bobagubi »

Bokor Mountain - the road up requires a vax card.
សូមអរគុណសូមជំរាបលា។
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

bobagubi wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:19 pm Bokor Mountain - the road up requires a vax card.
Seriously? To drive up a mountain?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

bobagubi wrote:Bokor Mountain - the road up requires a vax card.
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard if true.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Places that REQUIRE Vaccination.

Post by beaker »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:23 pm I see it as a fad frankly - I've heard of some places insisting on a vaccination, but ultimately it is surely entirely unenforceable, least of all in the Kingdom of Wonder. How hard is it to fake one of those little blue cards, or just pay a bit more to bypass the scrutiny .. I do think a lot of places in Cambodia will give it a go simply because they saw somebody else do it first, then realise how futile it is.

It is a bit like the mask / temperature check situation. Day one, everyone was trying to enforce that at shop entrances, then eventually it gets given as a task to the security guard who looks at your 38c temperature reading, grins, and lets you enter anyway. So many gaps and problems with it, it'll catch on, then die out. #Nostraspigzymus
You can fake the blue card but the information in entered into a data base. That is accessible from the QR code on the front of the card ( which reads: www.cambodia-vaccine.gov.kh/<card number>). The card is basically only a reminder of when to get your next shot as well as providing your specific number for data entry into the system. To verify your injections it is the data base information as shown in the picture that will be used not the blue card.

"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic