Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police, Including British JAMES WHITLOW and British Female JAMIE RHODES in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police, Including British JAMES WHITLOW and British Female JAMIE RHODES in Cambodi

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Reported to be in Laos and pulling the same scams on hotels as in Cambodia, now wanted by Lao police. Question is, how did they get into Laos with all the COVID-19 travel restrictions?

simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Re: Foreign Gang of Thieves Nabbed by Police, Including British JAMES WHITLOW and British Female JAMIE RHODES in Cambodi

Post by simon43 »

I'm in Luang Prabang. I'll keep my eyes out....
vivavangvieng
Tourist
Laos

Post by vivavangvieng »

They are in Vang Vieng. James/Stuart drove by about an hour ago and Daniel was in a bar this morning. No idea about the woman or where they are staying. James was on motorbike so someone has rented him a bike presumably without a passport which is very unusual here. Very small town, surprised they haven't already been nabbed. There are a shit load of guesthouses though.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

vivavangvieng wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:32 pm They are in Vang Vieng. James/Stuart drove by about an hour ago and Daniel was in a bar this morning. No idea about the woman or where they are staying. James was on motorbike so someone has rented him a bike presumably without a passport which is very unusual here. Very small town, surprised they haven't already been nabbed. There are a shit load of guesthouses though.
Someone has given him a motorbike, I doubt they will see it again.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Bizarre. Why did they cross to Laos, presumably illegally, after they got out scot-free upon being nabbed by police in Cambodia? They could have just staid, or did they simply run out of people to scam because their mugs are known?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

vivavangvieng wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:32 pm They are in Vang Vieng. James/Stuart drove by about an hour ago and Daniel was in a bar this morning. No idea about the woman or where they are staying. James was on motorbike so someone has rented him a bike presumably without a passport which is very unusual here. Very small town, surprised they haven't already been nabbed. There are a shit load of guesthouses though.
Hold on a minute... the Argentinian is out too? Last we heard was James talked his way out but the Argie was still in prison. So, both managed to get released and then both managed to get across the Laos border.

Say what you like about them, they are pretty adept at getting out of a jam. They should write a book!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Any recent sightings of James Whitlow, Jamie Rhodes or Daniel Zaccanti lately? I wonder what they are up to now.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:24 pm Any recent sitings of James Whitlow, Jamie Rhodes or Daniel Zaccanti lately? I wonder what they are up to now.
I wouldn't be too surprised or concerned if they had pissed off the wrong person and "disappeared", but they will no doubt turn up in another report soon enough. I'm amazed how so many of these criminals and dangerous lunatics manage to get around the region for so long.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic