Scam and bar fight in Airforce bar

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Scam and bar fight in Airforce bar

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

I was in the airforce a long time ago. Got along well with the girls, but it is a sausage fest, for sure. It was never an intention to meet girls while there. Not really the place, is it. There were a few scuffles, but nothing like what the OP describes. Left after 3 years, no problems. IIs that a neighbouring bar's couch in the OP avatar?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Used to go to Airforce for the 1$ Happy hour only....
Order and pay....really pretty girls there 5 or 6 years ago and never a problem...The guys who got the problems were always the lady drink splashers....The most common being paying with a 100$ which they switched with a fake and would ask for smaller notes....Or say they couldn't changed it after switching it....
Their way of thinking is the more money you spend the more you can afford to lose...
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

@Pseudonomdeplume Que? Please can you be more clear about the avatar that I use?

@Patcan looks like I avoided the double-whammy there.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ive drunk in there many of times, the staff know me well, my bills are usually roughly about right, although the staff do like to hustle extra drinks for their friends someone whos not switched on might not notice,
last time me and my mate went a few months ago, his bill was a lot more than mine, with him looking Chinese, he has this problem a lot bars trying to pad his bill, one bill earlier this year after my mate kicked off about his bill, it magically went down from $220 to $150 with little argue, he hates drinking in PP now, refuses to come out anymore, which is their loss as hes a good spender
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Wouldn't just paying as you go solve this problem? This is Cambodia, and if you need to be reminded, they'll do anything to get money. Cheating, stealing, lying, kidnapping, seeking babies, falsifying bar tabs, burning down houses, hacking people to death, etc. are not seen as immoral acts in the KOW. (Ok, I may have gone a bit far. Up to you to be the judge this time! :D )

Wise up people.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

-Paying with a $100 bill.

Never felt comfortable doing that. Did it once or twice on 136. Lady drinks and a barfine add up and I don't think I was ripped off.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Phnom Penh Pal wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:08 pm @Soriya read again. 2 guests ordered three drinks each. They bought drinks for their hosts too. You assumed they only had one girl each. Also both stories are in Airforce - scams that happened to two different groups of people on two different dates three years apart.

@TheImplication can you please explain the asshole comment. Also who/what were you replying to?

@Doc67 what's bollocks? If you don't tag someone or pull a quoted section on your reply it is unclear who or what you are referring to.
Tags? Quotes? Impressive.

You're very clued up after just 16 posts. It took me ages to work out how all that worked.

Been here before?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Big Daikon wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:45 am -Paying with a $100 bill.

Never felt comfortable doing that. Did it once or twice on 136. Lady drinks and a barfine add up and I don't think I was ripped off.
When handing over a $100 bill, point to the last 3 digits in the serial number and make them repeat them back. They then know their switcheroo game will not work.

Just don't do it in a nice place like Metro or Oskar, or you'll confuse the staff and everyone around you will know the types of places you usually hang out. :D
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

If bars are not being honest, then members should name and shame them (as this post is doing). And of course, not frequented. Voting with one’s dollars is a great business motivator.

Subsequently, bars that are honest and above board should also be named and well patronized.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

padraigh wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:35 pm
nemo wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:15 pm It would never happen in Russia
I will tell you another true story another time. If I hadnt shown presence of mind and called a contact before trouble started, I sure as you are reading this would have been sodomised. This did not happen to me in Russia so I thank Sweet Jesus again.
I was wondering why Paddy had been banned so quickly, by the time I came to this post all became clear.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic