E-type visa

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
padraigh
BANNED
Ireland

E-type visa

Post by padraigh »

Hi,

Can I just ask for an E-type instead of a T-type visa on the application form on arrival and get it by paying the fee? $35 I think.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: E-type visa

Post by John Bingham »

No, you can't get any visa on arrival and there have been no tourist visas issued in about a year.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
padraigh
BANNED
Ireland

Post by padraigh »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:41 pm No, you can't get any visa on arrival and there have been no tourist visas issued in about a year.
Would it be possible for you to modify your response by basing my question in pre-covid times? I am a little confused as to what it was like with Evisas before we were overtaken by extraordinary circumstances. Thanks.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Prior to Covid restrictions and the suspension of VOA's and Tourist Visas, yes, you could obtain an E-type (Ordinary) VOA without the need for supporting documentation (depending on your Nationality), all you had to do was tick the Ordinary Visa box and pay $35.

But, as mentioned, currently not possible, and I can't see that changing this year at least.
padraigh
BANNED
Ireland

Post by padraigh »

Thank you, PSD-Kiwi much appreciated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic