Covid shot location, time.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Covid shot location, time.

Post by rgrowden »

I can't find out where or when. I live in BKK1. Can someone help? TIA.
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Covid shot location, time.

Post by ergosemper »

It's in a school near BKK1 market but you will need the paperwork which mentions when you're supposed to go.

After the shot, you should get a card like this:

rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

Where do I get the paperwork? I'm 70, retired. Thanks, but I have no information. Can someone be more specific ?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Go to your local Sangkat office. Take your passport.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

I can't find an address for the Sangkat. All I have is Google, no help.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

OP- take any residency/lease papers you may have too as this will substantiate where you live. If you happen to have a helpful landlord, it might save a lot of hassle in communication/verifying your residency if he/she went along with you. They will know where the local sangkat is.

A lot of this will depend on the attitude of your local sangkat. I say all this coz I've heard on expat forums and FB groups and personal experience that my local sangkat has turned expats away with various excuses and/or asked for money. Even one of Mrs Cargo's khmer friends got turned away by this sangkat saying she needed to bring her landlord. Others suggest to seek assistance from the sangkat village chief (Phum head?) but this is not easy to find out who it is and how to contact (@timmydownawell can add info).

Hopefully, this won't be necessary in your instance but just giving you a heads up about it. Good luck.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

It took persistence on my part. My neighbours had already got shots through their schools/sports clubs, so they were no help. But I did finally find an English speaking woman at the Sangkat who gave me the number for the head of my phum (village). I enlisted one of my English speaking neighbours to call him and speak Khmer to him and ask how I could get the forms. He duly turned up at the Sangkat shortly afterwards, and the rest is history. So OP you'll likely need the help of your landlord or bilingual neighbour.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
padraigh
BANNED
Ireland

Post by padraigh »

Good heavens!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic