Changing Visa Extension Category While Still Inside The Country ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Changing Visa Extension Category While Still Inside The Country ?

Post by tireswang »

I am an Americano that came here 2.5 years ago on a regular/Ordinary visa...and later got what is called a Resident Visa, due to my advanced age and having a "Pension". I brought my Filipina wife here in Feb 2020 on an Ordinary visa and soon afterwards the C Hysteria began...and she wanted to go home...but she waited too long and "Things" became too complicated and Expensive, SO, we have been waiting for "Things" to return to semi normal...but "things just kept getting worse and more complicated in regards to TRYING to get back to the Philippines. Therefore she/I paid to switched her O visa to a Work visa but after a few months her Employer went back to Germany,...so we had to Switch Back to an Ordinary visa. Well that visa extension was for 6months and has expired. Her Passport expires in 7 months and I had to pay $150.00 for a 1 month extension or she must leave...but there are No Flights to the Philippines! She had to get a New Passport and will be allowed to have a work visa {Not Permit} with no Work Permit Card. She will be allowed to stay here with that only, indefinitely or until 'they' change the rules again. All she had to do was say that she works from her home now...Like an ESL teacher or whatever, no Job description was asked for...hope this confusion has helped you to be Less confused. Cambodia is working with the extra un ordinary times and is trying to do the right things...imho ~ :fool:
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

tireswang wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:51 pm I am an Americano that came here 2.5 years ago on a regular/Ordinary visa...and later got what is called a Resident Visa, due to my advanced age and having a "Pension". I brought my Filipina wife here in Feb 2020 on an Ordinary visa and soon afterwards the C Hysteria began...and she wanted to go home...but she waited too long and "Things" became too complicated and Expensive, SO, we have been waiting for "Things" to return to semi normal...but "things just kept getting worse and more complicated in regards to TRYING to get back to the Philippines. Therefore she/I paid to switched her O visa to a Work visa but after a few months her Employer went back to Germany,...so we had to Switch Back to an Ordinary visa. Well that visa extension was for 6months and has expired. Her Passport expires in 7 months and I had to pay $150.00 for a 1 month extension or she must leave...but there are No Flights to the Philippines! She had to get a New Passport and will be allowed to have a work visa {Not Permit} with no Work Permit Card. She will be allowed to stay here with that only, indefinitely or until 'they' change the rules again. All she had to do was say that she works from her home now...Like an ESL teacher or whatever, no Job description was asked for...hope this confusion has helped you to be Less confused. Cambodia is working with the extra un ordinary times and is trying to do the right things...imho ~ :fool:
She needs to apply as early as possible. Mine took a month from lodging the application to receiving the new one. Thankfully I have a German passport too (and a Seychelles one, thanks to that BTC price spike which paved the way to getting one). Really helpful in these restrictive times.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

what is a "resident visa" or do you just mean a ER extension?

Dont know what you mean by difficult, ".....but there are No Flights to the Philippines"
If there are no direct fight PP-Manila, same as to Thailand except for a 3x/month expensive charter flight to Bangkok

There are flights PP-Singapore- Manila on Singapore airlines every saturday
"We are currently operating flights from Phnom Penh (PNH) to Manila (MNL)"

https://www.singaporeair.com/flight-schedule
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

well the Travel Agency Lied....or things may have changed. $1,181.00 1 way "economy" with a 22 hour layover...from P.P. to Manila...she may have to wait awhile..and or go by her self. I am all good in Cambodia and don't want to go there! I came to Cambodia from Cebu, Pi. with a 1 way ticket for $150.00...only!
~
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

tireswang wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:57 am well the Travel Agency Lied....or things may have changed. $1,181.00 1 way "economy" with a 22 hour layover...from P.P. to Manila...she may have to wait awhile..and or go by her self. I am all good in Cambodia and don't want to go there! I came to Cambodia from Cebu, Pi. with a 1 way ticket for $150.00...only!
Look for a ticket yourself, they start at 500$ one way, two stops. 150$ one way direct flights are a story of the past.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

practically no way to get into the Phils with an economy ticket or any ticket under 1000 USD. The airlines have a very limited quota to bring in people. Usually it takes an international business ticket and full fare. Check the relevant fori. People with tickets and seat numbers get canceled within days of the flight.

He could get in as balikbayan. A couple of days ago the requirement for an Entry Exemption issued by the DOF was lifted. So for him the standard visa would be enough but he would need to be on the same flight. Probably he will need the original of his marriage certificate but he could obtain one online and have it mailed. The Phils embassy PP will explain the status. quarantine would be 10 days.

There are some evacuation flights, now and then, from PP to MNL. No idea if a balikbayan might join as a paying passenger.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic