Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Username Taken »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:36 am Prince Harry and Meghan announce birth of baby girl

Lilibet "Lili" Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

Big whoop.

Maybe Oprah will be invited to be Godmother? They could ask her in the next interview., imagine the ratings! :Yahoo!:
Nice that they managed to squeeze 'Diana' into the child's name. That'll go down well with some.

Now, more importantly, what color is this child?* :facepalm:

* Asking on behalf of the child's granny.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:46 am ^^
Lilibet is 8th in line to the throne...one ahead of the Duke of York :shock:
Spoiler:
Randy Andy aka Prince Andrew
If that film goes ahead and any more dirt is flung at the palace, they could find themselves stripped of all titles, money and lines of accession. I bet the Queen has left them bugger all in her will.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:50 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:36 am Prince Harry and Meghan announce birth of baby girl

Lilibet "Lili" Diana Mountbatten-Windsor

Big whoop.

Maybe Oprah will be invited to be Godmother? They could ask her in the next interview., imagine the ratings! :Yahoo!:
Nice that they managed to squeeze 'Diana' into the child's name. That'll go down well with some.

Now, more importantly, what color is this child?* :facepalm:

* Asking on behalf of the child's granny.
They have to keep the Diana brand going, if only they could monetise it. They should of just gone for it and called the kid Diana.

As for colour, it will be far more white than black, but that fact will not detract the BAME gang for adopting her as one of their own.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Why is everyoe so hung up on the colour? It's like a blast back to the 70s racism.

Seriously, is she* ginger or not - that's the critical question for my generation!

* I guess current woke brigade will take issue on usage of that term, I mean what if the nipper doesn't identify as female?! What a time to be alive.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

There was a famous Jamaican reggae guy named Yellowman..
Albino dread...I saw him on an airplane.
Dianiqua the ginger would be a fine queen.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Oh dear, more drama to upset the royal family.. Wasn't the press saying earlier the birth of the baby was likely to heal relations..

Buckingham Palace won’t back Sussexes in Lilibet naming row

London: Buckingham Palace has refused to back the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in a row with the BBC over whether the couple sought the Queen’s permission to name their daughter Lilibet. Lawyers instructed by the couple said it was “false and defamatory” for the corporation to suggest the couple did not ask the Queen if they could use her highly personal pet name for their second child.

Prince Harry and Meghan claimed they would not have used the name if the Queen had not been “supportive” of their choice. The Palace, rather than confirming their version of events, refused to deny suggestions that the Queen was “never asked”.

The London Telegraph understands that the Queen was “told” about the name after the baby was born last Friday, rather than her permission being sought in advance, according to royal sources unable to speak on the record. It also left the Queen, 95, in an unwelcome position at the centre of a row between her grandson on one side and the BBC and her officials on the other.

Although there is little formal protocol around choosing baby names, particularly with great-grandchildren of the monarch, royal sources suggested there was a difference between the couple choosing to name their daughter Elizabeth, in tribute to the Queen, and using her pet name, which had only been used by her parents, the Duke of Edinburgh and a handful of her closest friends and relatives.

Full: https://amp.smh.com.au/world/europe/buc ... 57zpx.html
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

https://www.legalfutures.co.uk/latest-n ... royal-baby

A barrister gets suspended for joking about the royal baby’s name. Hilarious.

Ms Toch responded to a tweet from controversial writer Julie Burchill, who described the name of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s new baby, Lilibet Diana, as “a missed opportunity”. Referring to George Floyd, she said: “They could’ve called it Georgina Floydina!”

Ms Toch replied: “No Doria? Don’t black names matter?” Doria Ragland is Meghan Markle’s mother.

Ms Burchill answered that she “was hoping for Doria Oprah, the racist rotters”, to which Ms Toch responded: “Doprah?”
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

You know things have gone downhill when rock stars buy into the argument.. :popcorn:

Oasis star Noel Gallagher calls Prince Harry a 'woke snowflake': 'This is what happens when you get involved with Americans'

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher said in an interview with The Sun this week that Prince Harry was a “f—ing woke snowflake” for publicly criticizing the royal family.

Gallagher, who famously has a strained relationship with his brother and former Oasis bandmate Liam Gallagher, also said he sympathized with Prince William over Harry’s criticism of the royal family because he knows what it feels like to have a younger brother “shooting his f—ing mouth off.”

“Prince William. I feel that f—ing lad’s pain,” he said. “He’s got a f—ing younger brother shooting his f—ing mouth off with s— that is just so unnecessary. I’d like to think I was always the William.”

He continued: “Prince Harry is coming across like a typical f—ing woke snowflake, f—ing a–hole. Just don’t be f—ing dissing your family because there’s no need for it.”

Gallagher specifically criticized Meghan Markle, saying: “This is what happens when you get involved with Americans. As simple as that.”

Full: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/noel ... kle-2021-6
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Biffsm wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:45 pm There was a famous Jamaican reggae guy named Yellowman..
I saw him playing at a reggae festival way back. Good performer but ugly as fuck.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:45 pm
Biffsm wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:45 pm There was a famous Jamaican reggae guy named Yellowman..
I saw him playing at a reggae festival way back. Good performer but ugly as fuck.
His skin cancer spread to his jaw and the surgery to remove the tumour left him like that. He's still going now though, released an album in 2019.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic