Please deactivate / delete my Forum Membership

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Please deactivate / delete my Forum Membership

Post by John Bingham »

It will probably cause a rift in the space-time continuum which will destroy everything we hold dear. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Brody wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:52 pm I love the 'deactivate my membership' posts.

We haven't had one in a while.

It reveals a special breed of personality and an excess of hubris.............It's like they think they're punishing the forum............."I'm going to deprive you, CEO, of any further brilliant contributions from the likes of me......TAKE THAT, CEO."

Just stop posting........even stalwart posters.......when gone silent, are quickly forgotten.

Such is the fickle life of a forum identity.

Here today, gone today.
Hi, Remember me? :D :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

so they ban ya and you can't log in with that user name
why cant you just ban him permanently ?

or just cancel his account?

Whats the point of not doing something nice for posters?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

In memory of Frankl, draught beer at Harry's will be reduced to 75c each between 4pm and 7pm for 1 week.

All are welcome.

(Except Fannkl)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:47 am so they ban ya and you can't log in with that user name
why cant you just ban him permanently ?

or just cancel his account?

Whats the point of not doing something nice for posters?
It's just a weird request, that's all. It's like asking Harry's Bar to stop carrying a certain beer because you drink too many of them when you're there. Just control yourself, even if they're reduced to a cheap and refreshing 75c each between 4pm and 7pm for 1 week. :beer2: (Damn you, Doc.)

I'm kind of interested to see if Frank has the willpower to just stop logging in all on his own. You can do it, Frank, I believe in you! Be strong. :evil:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

I wish there was a delete button for this thread. :popcorn:
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Patcan wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:13 pm If you have opposing views on many of the topics then you have a great deal to say and the opportunity to express your viewpoints.... Sounds like this is the ideal place for you.... Whereas if you agree with almost everything here then this would be a rather boring place for you.
Maybe the real problem is that Frankl and people like him prefer that everyone shares and agrees with their opinions. They can’t handle the fact that other’s opinions may differ, they can’t/won’t debate a point (because they believe they are always right) and cannot bring themselves to agree to disagree.
One of the attractions (for me anyway) of CEO is that you can put forward your different opinions, have a (reasonably) “heated debate”, occasionally admit to being wrong, call someone/be called a cunt (mod’s willing) rip the piss out of someone (and have the piss ripped out of ourselves) and all without a bunch of self righteous soft arses trying to get you banned/cancelled.
Taking everything personally can’t be fun, and if they can’t stand the heat ”Fucking do one!” 😉
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

"The blow must go on"
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Playing Devil’s advocate of sorts for a moment- for some services, such as subscriptions, you need to close a membership to avoid being bombarded by unwanted messages and notifications. The esteemed member may have subscribed and signed up for all sorts of shite. Maybe that’s why?
I get occasional messages from sites I no longer frequent, and can’t remember my login, so I can’t turn them off.
Maybe Frankl is of an age where he (she, 700+ its) can’t remember how he did something, and doesn’t want the chatter stalking him (her, etc)

Now, being a bit of a people watcher, I’m back to watching with mild amusement to see if Frankl can avoid the temptation of engaging further, accepting The good general’s challenge.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic