Thai police "probe" Sydney man Robert Wojcik’s mysterious death

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thai police "probe" Sydney man Robert Wojcik’s mysterious death

Post by sigmoid »

Thai police probe Sydney man Robert Wojcik’s mysterious Ko Pu death

Police are said to be "racing" to determine what happened to an Australian man after he was found dead days after taking his boat out.

https://www.news.com.au/national/thai-p ... 284700dbaa

Grieving family and friends have been left in the dark after a Sydney man was found dead in Thailand.

Robert Wojcik had been living and working on the Thai island of Ko Pu when he took his boat out on June 1.

Concerned family and friends raised the alarm a day later when he didn’t return.

His body was discovered the following day.

The Department of Foreign Affairs released a statement saying it was working with his family.

“DFAT is providing consular assistance to the family of an Australian who recently died in Thailand,” the department said.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The keys to the boat were still in the ignition and his wallet and backpack were on-board, according to a post shared on a Facebook page for expats in nearby Phuket.

The only item missing was his iPad which he used to talk with family in Australia while living overseas.

It's believed the last contact he had before disappearing was with his father at 9.30pm on the night he vanished.

As the desperate search continued, authorities eventually uncovered his body.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Thai police "probe" Sydney man Robert Wojcik’s mysterious death

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

****!! poor bastard.

I have kayaked solo all over Cambodia, for years, and only once came across a person, i think, who wanted to rob and murder me.
'Safe as a Sunrise egg.
I would never never ever ever ever do that in Thailand. In the long run your number would come up for sure.

Same for my ex. She's done 7 (i think) solo bicycle trips all over Cambodia - and 1 in Thailand.
Too spooky she reckons too.

Rest in peace, my brave adventurous friend.
We never met but i think i know you. Maybe we'll get to meet up back on top of the water, in safer seas, one bright sunny day in the nether world
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic