Numerous Expats Warn of Scammer in Cambodia Pretending to be a Pilot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Numerous Expats Warn of Scammer in Cambodia Pretending to be a Pilot

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Quite a few expats have been talking about a man named Lars Engelsbak, who they say is a total scammer who goes around pretending to be a pilot. It's not clear if he's in Cambodia, Thailand or possibly Denmark.

ImageImage

Here are some of the concerning comments about him:

Dear all, please be aware of this man Name: Lars Engelsbak, Age 47, pretends to be Pilot. Wanted for unpaid hotel bills and borrowing money and then disappearing. Sharing for a friend, to make sure not more people are affected. Last seen at Aquarius hotel last week/end May in Phnom Penh.

This makes for interesting reading, I'm somewhat familiar with this guy myself...last I heard he was in Denmark?

He is a "friend" of mine as well.

He was always walking around with a fake Qatar airways badge inside his shirt and showed off.

He is in Copenhagen. His ex wife in Thailand just told me.

His current lady told me she dropped him off at the airport here in PP a few weeks back.

He is a conman, he owes me around 1000 dollars including bills and loan , and he owes many people whom I know, KARMA WILL GET HIM..

He is back in Denmark since few weeks back. I guess you won't see him in a while. He scammed people in Thailand too. Both in Hua Hin and Pattaya.

He is in Phnom Penh, at least until a few days back.

My friend saw him last Tuesday in the Aquarius hotel where he lend him money, he stayed there for a month. I also saw him there two weeks ago. So again, he is telling different stories.

He's also suspected in using fake money and giving it to the locals in Cambodia in exchange for food and services. he sleeps with bar girls and gives them fake money that look very close to the real thing. be very aware.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Numerous Expats Warn of Scammer in Cambodia Pretending to be a Pilot

Post by sigmoid »

Sounds like a Frank Abagnale wannabe

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

He does look the part, which probably helps.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Never trust someone who drinks Anchor 💩
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I’ve just had an emergency look in the mirror, in case it was me. Phew! It’s not me; I’m safe, no one has noticed what a fraud I am. Well, not too many...yet.

I’m a little curious about this fella. He does look vaguely familiar. I’m curious if he’s managed to get through our doors in recent times. We’ve had one or two interesting characters try to join our merry band.
Some kind soul has even created a scam LinkedIn page for him.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I check your passport photo attached there alongside every post, Freight
I've always reckoned you're the real thing.
The attitude goes with the face too. for sure. cigarette dangling and all.

I doubt if looking all fresh faced and healthy would get this imposter past anybody who knows what a real pilot looks like.
They're all haggard and world weary - like Freight.
lucathenomad
Expatriate
Italy

Post by lucathenomad »

I have met sooo many fake pilots in my years in PP
It's up there with special forces or cia
I have used them all :ROFL:
but at least one is true :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic