Suzuki motos

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Suzuki motos

Post by The Judge »

I guess the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. And not everybody is wired the same, thus causing different people to react to the same stimulus differently.

I think I try to advocate for barang as much as possible, since we're in the clear minority, and I think our contributions to this Cambodian society, both individually and collectively, are often underappreciated.

At the end of the day, when barang rest their heads on their pillows at night, if they can say to themselves that in their own opinion they felt they were treated respectfully and not taken advantage of, I'm happy.

That's all I ask, even for myself.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I agree the dealer will pull the same shit on Khmer, sometimes if it's feasible to do so, as regarding it's beneficial. But in my eyes, it doesn't make the situation any better, but actually worse because they are prepared to rip off their own.
I had been under the notion that it is a higher price for a barang to register a moto. OP was probably lucky not to go ahead with the deal, like I said earlier I did so and it was registered too Mr Honda. If that does happen, all you can do is bite the bullet.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Can anyone confirm if the main Suzuki dealership on the corner of Monivong and Sihanouk Blvd gives a new helmet if you buy a new moto?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic