What's for Dinner ? Mad Man Smashes Up Mom's House

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

What's for Dinner ? Mad Man Smashes Up Mom's House

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Banteay Meanchey): A mother could not resist the actions of her son, who used drugs and destroyed property in her house, so she called the military police to intervene and her son was sent to the Provincial Court on Saturday afternoon May 29, 2021.

Colonel Nuon Ninaro, Poipet City Gendarmerie Base Commander, said that after receiving a complaint from the mother, specialized forces arrived at the scene and arrested the son, 29-year-old Sovantha.

According to the suspect, Sovantha admitted that he had been imprisoned twice in connection with drug distribution and car theft cases. After being released from prison, he used drugs every day and attacked his family until he became angry with his mother, often destroying property in the ruined house. On the morning of May 28, he became angry with his mother because she did not give him rice to eat, so he smashed up the kitchen in revenge. The mother could not stand her son's behavior any more so she called for the authorities to take him away.
After interrogation, the suspect was sent to the provincial court by the Banteay Meanchey Provincial Gendarmerie Criminal Office.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: What's for Dinner ? Mad Man Smashes Up Mom's House

Post by atst »

That poor mum having a shit of a kid, must be heartbreaking for her.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

First time I see s blurred out face in a while. Did he accidentally run into multiple walls or why would they do that?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ItWasntMe wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:39 pm First time I see s blurred out face in a while. Did he accidentally run into multiple walls or why would they do that?
Subject under discussion: Pixelation in Khmer news photos
post492350.html#p492350
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Any suggestions for preventing a kid from turning into this man in the future?

Nephew put a firecracker into the toilet (toilet ok, got shit on his face), firecracker in the cooking pot (broke it), put water down the moto exhaust pipe (ruined the computer engine), plus endless daily fighting.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:48 pm Any suggestions for preventing a kid from turning into this man in the future?

Nephew put a firecracker into the toilet (toilet ok, got shit on his face), firecracker in the cooking pot (broke it), put water down the moto exhaust pipe (ruined the computer engine), plus endless daily fighting.
I guarantee you beating the fuck out of the kid will work, if reinforced with similar punishment should the genius replicate moronic behavior again. But it needs to be supplemented with, not substituted for, a discussion why his actions were wrong and will never again be tolerated. If the responsibility for beating the fuck out of the kid and discussion fall on a Khmer, expect no change in the kid's behavior, because Khmer neither discipline not teach their children.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:48 pm Any suggestions for preventing a kid from turning into this man in the future?

How old is your nephew ? Adult or child ? It's not the same if he is 10 or 30yo.
Maybe you and your wife should adopt him ? :OD:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

The Judge wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:58 pm

I guarantee you beating the fuck out of the kid will work, if reinforced with similar punishment should the genius replicate moronic behavior again. But it needs to be supplemented with, not substituted for, a discussion why his actions were wrong and will never again be tolerated. If the responsibility for beating the fuck out of the kid and discussion fall on a Khmer, expect no change in the kid's behavior, because Khmer neither discipline not teach their children.
I've seen plenty khmers discipline thier kids but only in the provinces, and most are great kids who share with the family work load.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

His mom believes that she will die at some point, and is fully committed to enjoying life to it’s fullest. Not really sure why she had 3. The oldest has been shuttling between her and his dad. His dad just passes him off to live with his mom (aka grandma), and all the other neglected kids. He’s become feral to survive.

So he basically lives with older auntie and uncle, her 4 kids, and his 2 brothers when he’s ’living with his mom,’ who’s off somewhere in Cambodia with her new husband, living the single life.

Is it auntie and uncle’s job to thrash him some common sense?

Obviously not the ideal situation, but it’s Cambodia. Everyone just does the best they can to survive.

All we can do is send them food to eat so they don’t starve.
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

This type of shit behavior is happening all across the planet.
Singling out Cambodia is unfair.
This 30 year MAN is just 1 of a billion+
Does anybody have an idea of how many men and women are doing similar shit in the US on a daily basis or other countries?
The punk kid issue is another problem entirely.
These kids grow up without discipline or goals and run amok.
They are starving for love and attention.
My lady has a sister who had a little boy, claimed the barang father ditched her.
He is a little monster now from being shuffled about. He is spoiled and allowed to behave like a rabid dog....The mother at least works and sends money..But, why she ever had him escapes me.
The US has a far bigger problem than Cambodia as the traditional family unit has disappeared.
I was a single father and raised a good kid.
But, I was home every single night and made sure he was fed properly, clothed and did his homework. It is still a crap shoot. You can do everything right and like this mother end up with a 30 year old yaba ice piece of shit.
It is happening all across the World.
This would not even be a story in most countries. Domestic issues are not exactly front page news.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic