"Get Your Sexy Back" Campaign

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

"Get Your Sexy Back" Campaign

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Information Minister Khieu Kanharith this week launched a marketing campaign titled “Get Your Sexy Back,” aimed at promoting a culture of moderate alcohol consumption among young people by linking excessive drinking to a loss of sexual attractiveness.

Launched on Monday and presided over by the long-serving information minister, the campaign—which is sponsored by Tiger Beer and based around a Facebook page that encourages people to comment “That’s Not Me” on a picture of a man passed out drunk—will climax with a concert in Phnom Penh on December 24.

“This is a beer promotion,” explained Peou Maly, secretary general of the National Road Safety Committee and one of the officials who participated in the launch. “But it [the launch] was shown with the intention to educate people not to drink past their limit.”

“It’s to encourage a sentiment that people can drink with dignity, and to change people’s behavior,” Mr. Maly added.

Roland Bala, the general manager of Cambodia Brewery Limited, which produces Tiger Beer in Cambodia, said the campaign is part of his company’s effort to employ socially conscious marketing techniques.

“It’s all about responsible drinking and appealing to people to take responsibility,” Mr. Bala said. “When you drink, have a good time, but drink in moderation and keep looking good.”

“Sometimes when you go direct, it’s difficult to get to the youth, so this is a parallel effort, if you like, to encourage people to drink responsibly,” he said. “It’s the third year we’ve been running the campaign to encourage responsible drinking.”

Mr. Kanharith, who is visiting Milan, Italy, with his wife, did not respond to requests for comment.

The concept of a person trying to reintroduce “sexy” was popularized by U.S. pop singer Justin Timberlake, whose 2006 hit single “SexyBack” formed the backbone of his second album, “FutureSex/Love Sounds.”

“I’m bringing sexy back,” begins Mr. Timberlake in the song. “Them other boys don’t know how to act. I think it’s special, what’s behind your back?”

“Dirty babe, you see these shackles. Baby, I’m your slave,” Mr. Timberlake continues. “I’ll let you whip me if I misbehave.”

“SexyBack” reached the No. 1 slot on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 list, where it stayed for seven weeks.

Despite the popularity of the song, Mr. Bala said he had been previously unaware of its existence and was simply drawn to the obvious popular appeal of the “sexy back” line.

“I didn’t even know that such a song exists.....

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/info ... ign-73999/

:facepalm:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
picooie
Expatriate

Re:

Post by picooie »

Cambodia Kingdom of Wonder

picooie
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re:

Post by General Chatter »

I am very sexy when I am drunk and women look younger...win win...
I was born with nothing , and I still have most of it left.

ChessCube Account name is generalchat
djones
Expatriate
Bahamas

Re:

Post by djones »

All those encounters i would have missed without the wonders of beer goggles

Jacket
Expatriate
Austria

Re:

Post by Jacket »

That's actually more sass than I would've ever expected from a branch of the Cambodian government.
Bei der Weiterbildung; in der Todeszone.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: "Get Your Sexy Back" Campaign

Post by General Mackevili »

(Added to OP)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic