GSM girls

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

GSM girls

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Not sure if this is in the right place so feel free to move it GM. I had a few late afternoon beers in Grand Sorya Mall yesterday and as I watched the girls arriving I was kind of sad at how skeletal the majority of them were, they really looked like bags of bones. When I first visited many years ago we used to go to Walkabout in the afternoon and Martini's in the evening and I was never conscious of the girls looking so bad. I'm assuming this is down to drug use but is it more prevalent now than say 10 years ago ? The flip side of this is the Thai working girls have got much fatter in the last 10 years.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Re: GSM girls

Post by jah steu »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Not sure if this is in the right place so feel free to move it GM. I had a few late afternoon beers in Grand Sorya Mall yesterday and as I watched the girls arriving I was kind of sad at how skeletal the majority of them were, they really looked like bags of bones. When I first visited many years ago we used to go to Walkabout in the afternoon and Martini's in the evening and I was never conscious of the girls looking so bad. I'm assuming this is down to drug use but is it more prevalent now than say 10 years ago ?
I would guess drug use and/or being HIV positive.
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Not sure if this is in the right place so feel free to move it GM.

... kind of sad at how skeletal the majority of them were, they really looked like bags of bones...
In the right section (unless it gets too crazy and we'll move it over to the hidden VIP Nightlife section), thanks.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's just drugs, or maybe even sickness.

Smoking ice is probably getting more and more prevalent. Golden Sorya Mall doesn't have a bad reputation by many for no reason, LoL.

Have fun!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

Most of the real skeletal girls at GSM in the afternoon are total ice heads. As for the HIV comment. I know several girls with HIV at GSM. Yes they are working but they are the health looking ones. Once they get on the HIV meds they have to take care of themselves or else they die. The skeletal ones are just strung out. They most likely could not get into Walkabout for one reason or another. That is a another thread. Overall in the last 10 years yamma and ice I believe has peaked a few years ago and is going down slightly and I mean slightly.

picooie
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Coincidentally, sat down for Khmer iced coffee at Toul Tom Poung next to a Khmer doctor today who was reading a revised SOP on methadone treatment for heroin addicts. Fascinating discussion for a half hour on causation, socioeconomics, and users who lessen their dependencies with methadone for cash flow reasons but with no intention of quitting. Conversation moved on to needle-contracted diseases and infections. Got a better snapshot of drug use in Cambodia from this guy in a half hour than anything I've read elsewhere, wish it would have been appropriate to video it.
Last edited by StroppyChops on Wed May 28, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Expatriate

Post by 104 »

I was under the impression that medical screening and random drug tests were being used by the owners committee at GSM to eradicate this recent trend , obviously not being enforced then.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

picooie wrote:
I know several girls with HIV at GSM. Yes they are working but they are the health looking ones.
Yep. It's scary to think some dudes don't fully grasp this.

104 wrote:I was under the impression that medical screening and random drug tests were being used by the owners committee at GSM to eradicate this recent trend , obviously not being enforced then.
:ROFL: :good:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

I was under the impression that medical screening and random drug tests were being used by the owners committee at GSM to eradicate this recent trend , obviously not being enforced then.

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read on a forum.

If you believe there is any kind of program like that you might believe this too. Glenn at Walkabout is giving away free beer. He said he is making to much money.

picooie
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

picooie wrote:That is one of the funniest things I have ever read on a forum.
If you believe there is any kind of program like that you might believe this too. Glenn at Walkabout is giving away free beer. He said he is making to much money.
I'm selling a bridge in Sydney for a song but the HK-based business man that was going to invest just had a heart attack in the provinces and I needed to sell his share at 50% loss... I have the deeds in my backpack, but I can only sell to smart, attractive people who understand good investment opportunities. I won't sell to stupid people who just don't get it - DON'T POST ON MY THREAD... I need your passport to prove you're not a criminal.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

Stromppy Chops,

Are you Nigerian. I only do big business deals with Nigerians.

picooie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic