Old pictures of Cambodia tagged: 'Share for the next generation'

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: Old pictures of Cambodia tagged: 'Share for the next generation'

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
sobajoe
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by sobajoe »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:25 pm Has anyone got any insights about this pic?

yes . Corner of street 118 Duan Penh . The view from the window of Nokor lucky apartment ,where you can see the taxi mini bus transport hub
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

sobajoe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:11 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:25 pm Has anyone got any insights about this pic?

yes . Corner of street 118 Duan Penh . The view from the window of Nokor lucky apartment ,where you can see the taxi mini bus transport hub
Thanks 118 near Monivong. Maybe those 2 small buildings are petrol/service stations of sorts? With holes where the storage tanks were/yet to be.. just guessing.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:47 pm
sobajoe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:11 pm

Thanks 118 near Monivong. Maybe those 2 small buildings are petrol/service stations of sorts? With holes where the storage tanks were/yet to be.. just guessing.
It's nowhere near 118. its looking west down Tep Phan/ 182 from a high vantage point near Monivong. It's not Daun Pehn district - it's Prampi Makara. The huge greasy holes I don't know about, they look strange. Possibly an uncovered "bamboo stream".
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

[/quote]

It's nowhere near 118. its looking west down Tep Phan/ 182 from a high vantage point near Monivong. It's not Daun Pehn district - it's Prampi Makara. The huge greasy holes I don't know about, they look strange. Possibly an uncovered "bamboo stream".
[/quote]

Looking East down Charles de Gaulle Boulevard and showing 118 intersection. In that triangular area I believe (8 years ago) there was a petrol station there and a mini mart. I got dropped off near there by the bus from Saigon. Orussey and Olympia are in the vicinity east and west of there.
Phnom Penh Pal
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Pal »

@clutchcargo @xX.TROPA.Xx Great pictures by the way. I saw a similar thread with 60 plus photos last year on FB, but I haven't seen any of these before.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Phnom Penh Pal wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:34 pm @clutchcargo @xX.TROPA.Xx Great pictures by the way. I saw a similar thread with 60 plus photos last year on FB, but I haven't seen any of these before.
Thks. Yeah, I got mine from a FB post. Unfortunately, I've posted them all.

Needless to say, other posters are welcome to keep adding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic