Facebook threatens to ban Iron Man, Iron Man threatens back.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Facebook threatens to ban Iron Man, Iron Man threatens back.

Post by newkidontheblock »

Facebook threatens to ban Iron Man.

Basic gist. Facebook is threatening to ban Iron Man, Trumping him. Iron Man gives a public speech and threatens to ban Facebook from all of Cambodia if Facebook even thinks about it.

Who will blink first?

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Facebook threatens to ban Iron Man, Iron Man threatens back.

Post by Doc67 »

Is this being reported anywhere, other than on Facebook?

Why are Facebook making such threats? What has HE done that warrants such a threat?

Banning Facebook from a country like Cambodia will upset a lot of people, many are addicted to the site.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Getting set up for the new Chinese alternative I suspect
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Doc67 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:40 am Is this being reported anywhere, other than on Facebook?

Why are Facebook making such threats? What has HE done that warrants such a threat?

Banning Facebook from a country like Cambodia will upset a lot of people, many are addicted to the site.
It's not even being reported on his Facebook or on Google. I should imagine NKOTB is spreading fake news via his woman who probably believes every god damn rumour that spills out of Cambodia. NKOTB alos probably believes every rumour that spills out of his woman's mouth.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Locals are being rounded up for quarantine by the cops using fishing nets and cattle prods. But because evidence can’t be found later on Facebook, means it never happened, right? Cambodia would never ask Facebook to delete posts and videos, would it?

With the same token, Facebook bans people that they believe are posting things untrue or inciting violence. Illegal logging is finished in Cambodia. True statement?

I don’t keep videos of every one of Iron Man’s multi-hour speeches, to save portions where he goes off on rants. Does anyone? So does it mean he never goes off on rants?

Finally, think of the implications to Cambodia if it’s widely known and acted on.

Think the government would let something like this out and about for days, weeks, months and end?

Everyone else, please continue to only trust the government and the official news sources.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:51 am Locals are being rounded up for quarantine by the cops using fishing nets and cattle prods. But because evidence can’t be found later on Facebook, means it never happened, right? Cambodia would never ask Facebook to delete posts and videos, would it?

With the same token, Facebook bans people that they believe are posting things untrue or inciting violence. Illegal logging is finished in Cambodia. True statement?

I don’t keep videos of every one of Iron Man’s multi-hour speeches, to save portions where he goes off on rants. Does anyone? So does it mean he never goes off on rants?

Finally, think of the implications to Cambodia if it’s widely known and acted on.

Think the government would let something like this out and about for days, weeks, months and end?

Everyone else, please continue to only trust the government and the official news sources.
Why is this image no longer on his Facebook page? Are you saying HE deleted it or Facebook deleted it?

You can't post claims of impending war between FB v HE with evidence that doesn't exist and then sign off with snide remarks like, "please continue to only trust the government and the official news sources."

I can't find this on HE Facebook page, but I don't use FB so am not au fait with it's workings. Can anyone?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Doc67 wrote:Is this being reported anywhere, other than on Facebook?

There was an article a few days ago in western media about Facebook vs political leaders and it explicitly mentioned Iron Man as an example of those on FB's watch list.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Google the article:

"Facebook’s battle with errant world leaders has only just begun"

Not sure how they get their source as HE being on the radar or if it's just made up. No clue. Also no clue whether or not the local guy has picked up on it, but I'm guessing that's what the Khmer "article" is alluding to.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Sounds like the typical nonsense from the Rainsy faction in Long Beach
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic