Alcohol Sales Banned/No dining-in - PP

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Alcohol Sales Banned/No dining-in - PP

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:18 am I can’t read it! I’m reading on my smallsmartphone, and if I squint any more, my eyes shall be closed. Needless to say, I trust the summary that was given with it.

Not that it affects me, as I’m a quarter of the way around the planet- wrong place, wrong time…
It says...

Extended for a further 2 weeks

All the rest is waffle.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Anyone know about neighboring provinces, if their bans are still in place?
Calypso dancer
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Calypso dancer »

I know that Kiwi is just about always correct in what he posts but I am pretty sure that document from City Hall says nothing about the alcohol ban being extended. It seems to be all about quarantine periods etc. I hope I'm right but expect not to be because Kiwi is usually right on the money.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

It references the previous administrative measures, including ban on sale of alcohol and dining in, for a further 2 weeks
Calypso dancer
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Calypso dancer »

Ah well. Thanks for the clarification PSD-Kiwi. What a shame. I'll go back to my calypso dancing.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Curfew only extended to Wednesday May 26
City Hall has corrected the information from yesterday. The 8pm-3am curfew is only extended to Wednesday May 26. The alcohol ban and ban on dining-in will continue until June 2.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:53 am Curfew only extended to Wednesday May 26
City Hall has corrected the information from yesterday. The 8pm-3am curfew is only extended to Wednesday May 26. The alcohol ban and ban on dining-in will continue until June 2.
That ties in with one of the big booze shops announcing on FB that they are closed until 02 June
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

TOP NEWS: No More “Red Zones” in Phnom Penh Capital
20/05/21 13:25

Phnom Penh (FN), May 19 – Phnom Penh authorities announced on Wednesday that the capital will no longer have red zones, only orange and yellow zones, effective from 20 May 2021.

Administrative measures will be applied to orange zone for another one week, from 20-26 May 2021; and to the yellow zone for two weeks, from 20 May to 2 June 2021.

The decision was made as COVID19 cases started to decline.

The current administrative measures in Phnom Penh include imposing bans on alcohol sales until 22 May, no dine-in for restaurants until further notice, and shutdown of markets until 21 May.

=FRESH NEWS
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:53 am Curfew only extended to Wednesday May 26
That's great news but won't believe it til it happens. At least its being spoken about. Unsure how that will tie in w/ alcohol ban and dining

Things looking up!
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Whatever next ?

Governor of Kampong Speu Province Wants to Forbid Beer Billboards
Cambodia News, (Kampong Speu Province): Mr. Vy Samnang, Governor of Kampong Speu Province, said in an emergency meeting with the Covid-19 Commission for Combating Disease in Kampong Speu Province on May 20, 2021, that the people of Kampong Speu are good at learning and literate, not drunkards.
Therefore, the relevant departments of Kampong Speu province must immediately start the removal of billboards that advertise various beer products and ban the sale of beer.

The governor of Kampong Speu province said that this refers to the promotion of beer products that affect the health of the public, especially affect the campaign to prevent the spread of Covid-19 disease.
The governor stressed that drinking alcohol could lead to behavioral changes, lead to domestic violence and gatherings, which could significantly impact the official Covid-19 prevention measures.
From now on, ask for the removal of billboards to promote all beer products from the territory of Kampong Speu province, replacing the billboards that help the health of the general public, because these beer billboards are of no benefit to society.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic