Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by Doc67 »

yongchi wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:39 am
BklynBoy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:18 am
Covid: Taiwan orders toughest curbs amid infections spike
Published 3 hours ago
BBC
Taiwan's government has imposed its toughest restrictions so far, as the island tries to battle a spike in Covid-19 cases.

The authorities are shutting down cinemas and entertainment venues until 28 May, while l
UGH.. i was about to purchase my flight w/ EVA AIRLINES> I am flying July 27th-- i still have time and Eva is allowing me to purchase the ticket but will wait and see what happens.

Transiting through
Tao-Yuan Int'l Airport(Transit travelers will be temporarily barred from entry Taiwan during 19May-18June)

Considering the recent escalation of COVID-19 cases internationally and within Taiwan, and to safeguard domestic antipandemic security and protect people’s health, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced on May 17 that entry to Taiwan will be suspended from 00:00 on May 19 (local time of departure) to June 18 for foreign nationals not holding a valid R.O.C. (Taiwan) Resident Cert

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5081-c06dc-2.html
Reading the announcement above I thought transit might perhaps still be possible.

But according to the update for Taiwan (2021-05-18) from traveldoc.aearo, even transit through Taiwan is currently not permitted:

“ Taiwan
Passengers are not permitted to enter Taiwan.
This does not apply to:
nationals of Taiwan;
passengers holding a valid Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) issued by Taiwan;
passengers travelling for emergency or humanitarian reasons, provided they have obtained entry permission issued by Taiwan.
Transfer/Transit in Taiwan is currently suspended.”

From https://infopages.traveldoc.aero/Inform ... oronavirus
Why are you buying a ticket now for travel on 27th July? Booking months in advance doesn't make it cheaper these days, it's all very expensive. Everything is in a state of flux and could changed for the worse very quickly.

You have Eva plus the Korean options, and they have proved to be most reliable so far. Keep your powder dry mate.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Doc67 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:35 am
yongchi wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:39 am
BklynBoy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:18 am
Covid: Taiwan orders toughest curbs amid infections spike
Published 3 hours ago
BBC
Taiwan's government has imposed its toughest restrictions so far, as the island tries to battle a spike in Covid-19 cases.

The authorities are shutting down cinemas and entertainment venues until 28 May, while l
UGH.. i was about to purchase my flight w/ EVA AIRLINES> I am flying July 27th-- i still have time and Eva is allowing me to purchase the ticket but will wait and see what happens.

Transiting through
Tao-Yuan Int'l Airport(Transit travelers will be temporarily barred from entry Taiwan during 19May-18June)

Considering the recent escalation of COVID-19 cases internationally and within Taiwan, and to safeguard domestic antipandemic security and protect people’s health, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced on May 17 that entry to Taiwan will be suspended from 00:00 on May 19 (local time of departure) to June 18 for foreign nationals not holding a valid R.O.C. (Taiwan) Resident Cert

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-220-5081-c06dc-2.html
Reading the announcement above I thought transit might perhaps still be possible.

But according to the update for Taiwan (2021-05-18) from traveldoc.aearo, even transit through Taiwan is currently not permitted:

“ Taiwan
Passengers are not permitted to enter Taiwan.
This does not apply to:
nationals of Taiwan;
passengers holding a valid Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) issued by Taiwan;
passengers travelling for emergency or humanitarian reasons, provided they have obtained entry permission issued by Taiwan.
Transfer/Transit in Taiwan is currently suspended.”

From https://infopages.traveldoc.aero/Inform ... oronavirus
Why are you buying a ticket now for travel on 27th July? Booking months in advance doesn't make it cheaper these days, it's all very expensive. Everything is in a state of flux and could changed for the worse very quickly.

You have Eva plus the Korean options, and they have proved to be most reliable so far. Keep your powder dry mate.
You fucking right. I am neurotic like that. ... GOOD POINT BRO..
Thanks.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

More on the outbreaks in Taiwan:

Taiwan raises Covid alert level nationwide as infections increase
Authorities impose mask-wearing and limit gatherings after outbreak spreads to half of island’s counties
Helen Davidson in Taipei
Wed 19 May 2021 09.57 BST

The whole of Taiwan will move into level 3 of its four-tier coronavirus alert system, after cases spread to more than half the island’s counties, infecting more than 1,300 people and killing two.

Health experts have expressed concern that Taiwan has been “a victim of its own success” and was caught short by the outbreak of the UK variant, with outdated preparations.

The Central Epidemic Command Center reported 267 new local cases on Wednesday, following 240 on Tuesday, and 333 on Monday.

The outbreak remains concentrated in the cities of Taipei and New Taipei, which went into level 3 at the weekend, but cases have been reported in eight other cities or counties, including 28 in Changhua, 16 in Taoyuan, and eight in the southern city of Kaohsiung. Tainan also reported its first two cases. There were 49 cases without an identified source, while 80 were linked to places in Wanhua, the centre of the northern outbreak.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... infections
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Struggling Myanmar Locks Up Medics and Health Workers

Myanmar doctors sound Covid warning as neighbours see record cases
The potential arrival of a highly transmissable variant could overwhelm health systems already struggling after military coup
Last modified on Fri 21 May 2021 10.15 BST

Doctors in Myanmar have warned the country would be unable to cope with a major outbreak of Covid-19 as hospitals and medical facilities struggle to function in the aftermath of February’s military coup.

Fears are growing about the potential impact of a highly transmissible variant as neighbouring countries, chiefly India but also Thailand and Laos, battle record numbers of Covid cases.

Last year, more than 3,000 people in Myanmar died when the pandemic hit, with the UN warning the country was particularly vulnerable given its weak public health system.

But there are concerns a third wave could prove far more deadly because, since the military seized power earlier this year, most hospitals are not operational due to a strike by doctors and other medical workers.

The number of people being tested has plummeted and the vaccination programme has been thrown into confusion. The UN has warned that medics fear arrest or detention by the junta “at a time when Myanmar needs them the most”.

One doctor based in Yangon said a fresh outbreak would place extraordinary strain on the public healthcare system.

“I think it would be a disaster,” said the medic, who cannot be named for security reasons. “Even in [the] Covid second wave, the government had a shortage of human resources – doctors. That’s why many medics and volunteers helped us with everything. But now, most of the charity clinics’ doctors, medics and volunteers are being arrested by the junta.”
https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... cord-cases
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
NeverNude
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by NeverNude »

NeverNude
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by NeverNude »

theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

NeverNude wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:23 pm Image
The article says that they ask people to wait for 48 hours after getting vaccinated before giving blood to avoid making possible side effects worse. Misleading headline.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I can file charges against the moon for stealing my sleep - do you think something will come of it?
This is yet another trope popular among the Q cucks clan.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

nemo wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:30 pm Image
I can file charges against the moon for stealing my sleep - do you think something will come of it?
This is yet another trope popular among the Q cucks clan.
Indeed. Nemo's reply got me to checking. Absolutely ZERO news reports confirming this "story" about criminal charges against the Swiss health authorities, except some Swiss students faking positive results and getting in big trouble.

Which brings me to question any posts by NeverNude after two dodgy posts in a row.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

INDIA UPDATE
On Saturday, [22 May, 2021], India reported another 257,000 coronavirus cases and 4,194 deaths in 24 hours, taking its total to 26.2m infections and 295,525 deaths.

Almost half of the deaths have been recorded since late March when the latest wave broke out in the nation of 1.3 billion people.

The capital, Delhi, meanwhile stopped vaccine shots for people aged under 45 because it has run out of jabs.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... an-variant

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic