Latest blog/details Westerner entering cambodia ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Latest blog/details Westerner entering cambodia ?

Post by whereami »

I'm familiar with current requirements(for the most part . I'm no expert) . Any members here have first hand experience/details entering cambodia last 2 weeks ? Thankyou
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Latest blog/details Westerner entering cambodia ?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes, I do...situation no change. What do you want to know specifically?
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:42 am Yes, I do...situation no change. What do you want to know specifically?
Take advantage of the wealth of info this man can offer and point you in the detection of Cambodia
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

Questions are 1)fastest time American has received his passport with Cambodia stamp to leave for cambodia.(while still in the usa and which embassy did you use ? 2) 2000usd any better than using a credit card (same balance) as far as deposit goes ? Thanks!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Your thread Title is a bit vague as to what you're looking for, so some people might not bother reading.

Perhaps the OP of this link may have some info for you >> general-chatter/got-type-visa-approved-t44726.html
That thread is locked, so maybe PM him.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

whereami wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:56 pm Questions are 1)fastest time American has received his passport with Cambodia stamp to leave for cambodia.(while still in the usa and which embassy did you use ? 2) 2000usd any better than using a credit card (same balance) as far as deposit goes ? Thanks!
Is that it?

1. Can't comment on time frame as never applied from USA. You need to apply via the Embassy in DC's website and go through the pre-screening before submitting application.

2. Cash is king! You wouldn't believe the amount of people who have been denied entry due to problems encountered trying to pay by card, also worth noting that if you pay by CC it is processed as a cash advance, not a payment. Also, some airlines demand to see the cash ie. Asiana.
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

Thanks for all the info everyone i appreciate it !
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 pm
whereami wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:56 pm Questions are 1)fastest time American has received his passport with Cambodia stamp to leave for cambodia.(while still in the usa and which embassy did you use ? 2) 2000usd any better than using a credit card (same balance) as far as deposit goes ? Thanks!
Is that it?

1. Can't comment on time frame as never applied from USA. You need to apply via the Embassy in DC's website and go through the pre-screening before submitting application.

2. Cash is king! You wouldn't believe the amount of people who have been denied entry due to problems encountered trying to pay by card, also worth noting that if you pay by CC it is processed as a cash advance, not a payment. Also, some airlines demand to see the cash ie. Asiana.
I just got my visa approved. you have to fill out a prescreening thing then they email you. The embassy in DC is pretty good at getting back to you. initially filled out prescreening thing and they wanted me to get more information added to the employment letter. After resubmitting employment letter it took 1 or 2 more days.
The embassy called me on the 2nd day asking me to check my email and confirm i got it.

I was good to go! Then took a few more days to get passport returned

The embassy in DC seems more on top of the process but it's not difficult

Last summer when at the airport in JFK-- Eva airlines asked to see my cash. The airline seemed pretty thorough. They reviewed my health certificate as well
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Klangattack
Tourist
Australia

Post by Klangattack »

I take it mandatory vaccine not required as yet for visa application ??
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Klangattack wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:36 am I take it mandatory vaccine not required as yet for visa application ??
The guy at the embassy asked me if was vaccinated -- which i am.

It wasn't a sticking point but the vibe from the conversation made me feel it will be in the future. I also asked about vaccinated travelers bypassing or reduced quarantine-- answer NO..but also seemed like that was something that might happen in the future

Unfortunately, my future is late july
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic