Medication to help with concentration and alertness.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Re: Medication to help with concentration and alertness.

Post by Nicolas »

You can’t find Modafinil in pharmacies here. Users order them online, it’s quite cheap but with shipment $1 a pill is not unusual.
You will need to ask someone here who has some stock to sell you a few pills to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Nicolas wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:27 pm You can’t find Modafinil in pharmacies here. Users order them online, it’s quite cheap but with shipment $1 a pill is not unusual.
You will need to ask someone here who has some stock to sell you a few pills to try.

I just managed to get some from Pharmacie de la Gare but they weren't cheap. I was offered a 'box' with no idea how many were in there and when I asked how much, she pointed to a price tag that said $400! I settled on a strip of 5 for $20. I was probably ripped off but for $20 to see what they're like, what the hell...
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

You can’t find Modafinil in pharmacies here
This is not correct, I was offered it without expressing interest in anything of the kind- the pharmacist misheard the name of the meds I specified and his hand shot into the desk drawer LOL.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

nemo wrote:
You can’t find Modafinil in pharmacies here
This is not correct, I was offered it without expressing interest in anything of the kind- the pharmacist misheard the name of the meds I specified and his hand shot into the desk drawer LOL.
My experience is Modafinil is not imported in Cambodia and I have never found a pharmacy who can supply it.
Share your pharmacy location and I will be happy to check it out this afternoon.

Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

xandreu wrote:
Nicolas wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:27 pm You can’t find Modafinil in pharmacies here. Users order them online, it’s quite cheap but with shipment $1 a pill is not unusual.

I just managed to get some from Pharmacie de la Gare but they weren't cheap. I was offered a 'box' with no idea how many were in there and when I asked how much, she pointed to a price tag that said $400! I settled on a strip of 5 for $20. I was probably ripped off but for $20 to see what they're like, what the hell...
Pharmacy de la Gare has a lot of French imported meds attached with Western prices. Their catalogue is impressive.
$4 a pill is great to try out. You just need one pill though, take it very early in the morning not to affect too much your sleeping pattern.

nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

check your pm
Expatriot
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Expatriot »

[/quote]
Pharmacy de la Gare has a lot of French imported meds attached with Western prices. Their catalogue is impressive.
$4 a pill is great to try out. You just need one pill though, take it very early in the morning not to affect too much your sleeping pattern.

[/quote]

Looks like something's working for ya; "I want what I'm having!"
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

After almost two years since posted, did the drugs work? Was it what you were looking for? Share your experiences for the like-minded.
pebbles&nightsky
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Supplements I like for mental alertness:
Fish oil
Ginkgo biloba
Acetyl L-Carnetine

There are others:
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/be ... ITLE_HDR_6

Unlike pharmaceuticals, supplements are obtainable from USA via ebay and CamboQuick.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Artisan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:55 pm After almost two years since posted, did the drugs work? Was it what you were looking for? Share your experiences for the like-minded.
Unbelievably, you're right. It was 2 years ago when I first made this thread.

Anyway, I kind of forgot about it until @Nicolas replied out of the blue a couple of days ago.

I bought the Modafinil 200g that he recommended and took one yesterday. I didn't feel as if it had much of an effect on me to be honest, but then again, I often have to take double the average persons dose of most medications before they work on me. I've done some limited research on it online and most people do seem to speak highly of it so I think it's just me. It's purpose is to keep you awake and alert when you're feeling tired, so if you're not naturally tired when you take it, maybe it just doesn't do anything?

I will probably give it another shot with a bigger dose next time I actually feel tired and need to get work done.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic