Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Doc67 »

It's not too late to play hardball with those two.

1: Revoke all titles.
2: Remove all Funding, both formal and informal - including security - (the hush money they are paying isn't working)
3: Revoke all specific and general bequests in future royal estates (Queen and Charles). I suspect the DoE's estate is all to HM.
4: Rebut all current and future accusations now and as and when they arise - Oprah 2 etc.
5: Do not invite either of them to any future Royal events (Queens funeral - any marriages etc). No more photo op's.
6: Don't even acknowledge the new child as a member of the family. It will be born to private citizens.

If they want to be private citizens, let them, but make it a 100% transition.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:18 pm It's not too late to play hardball with those two.

2: Remove all Funding, both formal and informal - including security - (the hush money they are paying isn't working)
3: Revoke all specific and general bequests in future royal estates (Queen and Charles). I suspect the DoE's estate is all to HM.
4: Rebut all current and future accusations now and as and when they arise - Oprah 2 etc.
5: Do not invite either of them to any future Royal events (Queens funeral - any marriages etc). No more photo op's.
6: Don't even acknowledge the new child as a member of the family. It will be born to private citizens.

1-4 is def doable. 5&6 could be problematic given the Queen said:
“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”
:beer3:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:45 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:18 pm It's not too late to play hardball with those two.

1-4 is def doable. 5&6 could be problematic given the Queen said:
“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”
:beer3:
and everyone else responded thus:

Copyright Brody
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

White knight or opportunistic shit stirrer? You be the judge..

Prince Harry says he wants to break his family's cycle of 'pain and suffering' as a parent

Speaking on a new episode of the podcast “Armchair Expert,” released on Thursday, the Duke of Sussex opened up about his mental health and said that he did not want to pass on the pain he experienced during his upbringing to his children.

“I don’t think we should be pointing the finger or blaming anybody, but certainly when it comes to parenting, if I’ve experienced some form of pain or suffering because of the pain or suffering that perhaps my father or my parents had suffered, I’m going to make sure I break that cycle so that I don’t pass it on, basically,” he told cohosts Dax Shepard and Monica Padman.

“It’s a lot of genetic pain and suffering that gets passed on anyway so we as parents should be doing the most we can to try and say, ‘You know what, that happened to me, I’m going to make sure that doesn’t happen to you,'” Harry added.

As Insider’s Anneta Konstantinides previously wrote, Harry wanted to step back from royal duties long before he met Meghan Markle, and that, during the podcast, Harry said that he thought about doing so while he was in his 20s.

“I was thinking, I don’t want this job, I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be doing this. Look what it did to my mom,” Harry told the hosts. “How am I ever going to settle down and have a wife and family when I know it’s going to happen again? I’ve seen behind the curtain, I’ve seen the business model and seen how this whole thing works and I don’t want to be part of this.”

Full: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/prin ... lth-2021-5
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:53 pm White knight or opportunistic shit stirrer?
Neither, just trying to stay relevant
Look what it did to my mom,”

Yes because she famously shunned the limelight and did everything she could to keep her family life private. Have a day off!
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

That's nice dear. Milk and sugar or lemon?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

From another thread, credits and copyright to @Doc67 :beer3:
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:47 am The Prince of Privacy is at it again, this time with a cry-baby podcast about being sad and unhappy.

He really is a fucking wanker.

Prince Harry Tells Podcast He Contemplated Quitting Royal Life in His 20s: 'Like Being In a Zoo

The Duke of Sussex revealed the inner workings of what life was like growing up while speaking to actor Dax Shephard, host of the podcast Armchair Experts.

"I've seen behind the curtain, I've seen the business model, I know how this operation runs and how it works," Harry said, while recalling that he thought, "I don't want to be part of this."

Harry later described his youth as "going wild" and partying in his early twenties, while struggling with the social and emotional responsibilities of being within British royalty.

"I don't want this job, I don't want to be here, I don't want to be doing this, look what it did to my mum," Harry recalled thinking. His mother, Princess Diana of Wales, was thrust in the spotlight after her divorce from Prince Charles and later died in a car crash in Paris in 1997.

You can listen to it here if you can be bothered.
https://armchairexpertpod.com/pods/prince-harry
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:53 pm “I’m going to make sure I break that cycle so that I don’t pass it on, basically,” he told cohosts Dax Shepard and Monica Padman.
The amount of irony in that sentence is palpable.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I like some of their early stuff.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Philip Larkin

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.