Dead Westerner Reported Lying in Phnom Penh Street

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Dead Westerner Reported Lying in Phnom Penh Street

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

An unconfirmed source, sent to the CEO Facebook page this morning, says it looks like there is a dead western man lying on the pavement, on street 258 in Phnom Penh.
'Police on the scene as what i saw on the body he looks drunk vomit all over the place no sign of life'

'Infront of this establishment'
Photos are on the darknet forum.
More details to come.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Expatriot
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Dead Westerner Reported Lying in Phnom Penh Street

Post by Expatriot »

Great. Some don't get to see if we know them
drozd
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by drozd »

Seeing the pictures he looks to be a very tall man. Reading he was not more than 173cm, he can't be more than 50 kilos. R.I.P.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: The deceased man, who remains unidentified, tested positive for use of methamphetamine.

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): An unidentified foreigner fell asleep and died on May 14, 2021 at 11:30 pm in front of House 7A, Street 258, Village 1, Sangkat Chaktomuk, Khan Daun Penh. Phnom Penh. Authorities say the body, which is still unidentified, was a male foreigner, 1.73 meters tall and had no documents attached.

According to the testimony of eye-witness Sin Puth, male, Khmer, born in 1979, occupation: guesthouse staff, "On May 14, 2021, at 8:20 pm, I was sitting in front of House 7C, Street 258. In Village 1, Sangkat Chaktomuk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, when an unknown foreign man walked in front of the guesthouse and asked me if his friend was staying there. I told him "No, he is not. Because my guesthouse is not open." So the foreigner walked away, and it was not until 6 am on May 15, 2021 that I saw the same foreigner who met me that night lying dead in front of House 7A, Street 258, Village 1, Sangkat Chaktomuk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh."

During the post mortem examination, five cc of urine was taken from the body in order to test for drugs, and resulted in a positive test for methamphetamine and amphetamines. Mr. Oknha Dr. Nong Sovannaroth, Phnom Penh Medical Examiner and autopsist concluded that the deceased died from "heart attack caused by drug use, mainly methamphetamine and amphetamine".
An IPhone5 gold mobile phone (broken) and some clothes were handed over to the Office of Investigation of the Department of Immigration in Phnom Penh for temporary storage.

The body of the deceased has been taken to Wat Teuk Thla Mortuary, Sangkat Teuk Thla, Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh. RIP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

At least he didn't burden his landlord or maid with discovering his dead body, unlike so many others. RIP.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

At least it wasnt covid
Any updates on his identity?
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Unconfirmed: I hear from a possible associate that the deceased might be Russian and that his first name might start with V and may be spelled Vova. All UNCONFIRMED, and only posting to help this along, no malice intended if these parts listed are incorrect. RIP.
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

bossho wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:58 pm Unconfirmed: I hear from a possible associate that the deceased might be Russian and that his first name might start with V and may be spelled Vova. All UNCONFIRMED, and only posting to help this along, no malice intended if these parts listed are incorrect. RIP.
Vova is a short vertion of name.. IF SO COULD BE Vlad. Or Vladimir.

And would be called vovisha by Mother or sister or wife in soft way..
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

A friend o:f the deceased has passed this along to aid in identification: Vladimir, "Vova" Zuev, aged 32 and from the Ural region near Ekaterinburg, Russia. More information can be found here https://t.me/forum_cambodia on the Russian community in Cambodia's Telegram forum. RIP.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic