End of Ramadan

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

End of Ramadan

Post by Ghostwriter »

...is a blessing to the ones who have hard times enduring the off-key voices of kids singing the same litany loop for hours.

Rejoice !

nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: End of Ramadan

Post by nerdlinger »

My favourite thing about Ramadan is the gym is quiet during the daytime.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Ramadan does have it's owns perks indeed.

Weird thread, i know. It's just evocating several mixed things to me, such as :

- The period of time in Indonesia while Ramadan when i was learning and coding for a website, while off-key kids were tormenting my delicate ears in stereo (2 mosques, right & left, including full louspeaker blasted saturation)
-My current mechanics who is a good guy, but is postponing some maintenance on my car to next week because of Ramadan, which isn't convenient at all right now...
- The satisfaction about it when arriving to Cambodia (until i encountered the deafening local way to celebrate funerals,of course).
- A feeling of unfairness for those who happen to work full year, then fast for a month, then ride back to their hometown well tired, THEN happen to be able to rest a few well-deserved days before doing a new year of labor (including family relatives of mine).
- The satisfaction of the possibility of silence where i am now.

I often felt like the guy in this short video, but i wish no harm.

Happy Aid-El-Fitr to those anyway, enjoy !

Here are some videos of the event in Indonesia, kids parading in carnaval costumes. Strange mix of cool handmade costumes, looping litany and traditional/mixed moves & choregraphies.

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

nerdlinger wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:38 am My favourite thing about Ramadan is the gym is quiet during the daytime.
Just try getting a mini-cab at sundown during Ramadan in east London. They've all gone for dinner.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic