Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia’s Tally of COVID-19 Crosses 20,000 Mark
AKP Phnom Penh, May 11, 2021 --

The total confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Cambodia reached 20,223, after the detection of 480 new cases this morning, the Ministry of Health pointed out in a press release.

Of the new infections, 470 are connected to the Feb. 20 Community Event, and 10 are imported from abroad, it underlined.

Meanwhile, the ministry also recorded the recovery of 350 more patients from COVID-19; bringing the total cured cases to 8,170, the same source continued.

Besides, it added, five more coronavirus-related deaths were registered; the total fatal cases rose to 131.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Some 1.5 Million More Doses of Sinovac Vaccine to Reach Cambodia before End of May
AKP Phnom Penh, May 11, 2021 --

Cambodia will get 1.5 million more doses of Sinovac vaccine from China before the end of this month, said H.E. Dr. Yuok Sambath, Secretary of State at the Ministry of Health, while welcoming the arrival of 500,000 doses of Sinovac vaccines at Phnom Penh International Airport this morning.

Some 500,000 more doses will arrive in Phnom Penh on May 16, and the rest 1 million on May 23, pointed out the secretary of state.

According to H.E. Dr. Yuok Sambath, the Kingdom has already ordered five more million doses of Sinovac vaccine for its people.

With the newly-arrived doses, Cambodia has received over 4.5 million doses of vaccines: 1.7 million doses of China-donated Sinopharm, 2.5 million doses of Sinovac bought from China, and 324,000 doses of AstraZeneca/SII (COVISHIELD) via COVAX Facility.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Attention: The Pizza Company
Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: Research Commission on Covid-19 has announced on 11 May, that on 7 May 2021, there were positive Covid-19 patients visiting The Pizza Company, on Street 217, Steng Meanchey district1, Phnom Penh.

The Covid-19 research Commission has called on people who have been to the restaurant at this time to stay separate from their families and other people, and to take care of their health for 14 days after their visit.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

COVID-19: 472 New Cases Reported; Tally 20,695
AKP Phnom Penh, May 12, 2021 --

Cambodia this morning detected 472 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), of which three are imported and the rest are community cases linked to the Feb. 20 incident.

The tally thus increased to 20,695, said the Ministry of Health in a press release.

At the same time, 369 more patients have successfully recovered from COVID-19; bringing the total cured cases to 8,539, the same source added.

Besides, the press release continued, the total fatal cases rose to 136 with five new deaths registered.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Inter-province travel ban re-imposed as from tonight, Tuesday. I guess the authorities realised that infected people were travelling from PP and other infected hot zones, and spreading it quickly to the rest of the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I know many Khmer who left for the provinces in the past few days due to unemployment.
Most are factory workers.
B1617 variant from India officially in Cambodia, says Ministry of Health
The first British variant case (B117) involving foreigners entering Cambodia was detected during the February 20 community event. The patients were treated and discharged after being successfully cured.

This case took place last month.

She added “We’ve found new virus transformation from India (B1617) from foreigners who entered the country last month and during the February 20 Community Event period.

“He was also cured by our team of doctors. A new mutated strain of the virus originating from the United Kingdom (B117) has also been found on foreigners entering Cambodia.”

The new mutations from India and other mutated strains in this country is considered by international experts to be more vicious than other new mutated viruses from South Africa, England and Brazil.

The Cambodian government has decided to temporarily suspend flights from India and through India to prevent crossings to Cambodia.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50855254/b ... of-health/
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

jah steu wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:24 pm Inter-province travel ban re-imposed as from tonight, Tuesday. I guess the authorities realised that infected people were travelling from PP and other infected hot zones, and spreading it quickly to the rest of the country.

Source? I can't find one in the usual places.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Whatzup - Breaking Cambodia Covid News on Outbreaks and Lockdowns - NB News Items Only (no general discussion)

Post by jah steu »

No I can’t either. Maybe fake news? I was sent an audio clip of HE announcing the travel ban over the kings birthday period. Interesting that it was only an audio clip. Some Khmers said they recognised HE’s voice.
But I haven’t seen any further announcements on Khmer Times etc.
It would have made good sense to have a temporary travel ban as a lot of the recent infections are occurring in provincial towns from visitors arriving from Phnom Penh and other corona hotspots.

Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

jah steu wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 am No I can’t either. Maybe fake news? I was sent an audio clip of HE announcing the travel ban over the kings birthday period. Interesting that it was only an audio clip. Some Khmers said they recognised HE’s voice.
But I haven’t seen any further announcements on Khmer Times etc.
It would have made good sense to have a temporary travel ban as a lot of the recent infections are occurring in provincial towns from visitors arriving from Phnom Penh and other corona hotspots.

It would also be a huge u-turn after he recently overruled provincial governors and made them retract their quarantine procedures.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I just asked the police checking all traffic entering Ban Lung and they told me there is NO ban on interprovincial travel.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic