Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by timmydownawell »

I bought the last slab my neighbour's shop had in stock. And yes it was Angkor.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:00 am I bought the last slab my neighbour's shop had in stock. And yes it was Angkor.
last slab, shit is getting real!
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Yes, its running dry round my way too unless you like ABC or whatever its called
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

This last few weeks has changed the way people shop in my street. I live across from a shop and I have never seen so many barangs with backpacks. They order something and then stuff it into the back pack and away they go.

In the mornings there are empty boxes of beer, wine and spirits outside. :hattip: :bow:
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Try Blue Bread its a drink common among Aboriginals in Australia to make blue bread you filter methylated spirits through a loaf of bread in order to remove the bitter-tasting dye Since only the dye is removed, not the kerosene, methanol, isopropanol etc, it gets you smashed off your head but may also cause death.
:beer3:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The owner of our local shop, told me today that the beer suppliers would not restock them or others, because of the fear of being found doing so.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

AndyKK wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:45 pm The owner of our local shop, told me today that the beer suppliers would not restock them or others, because of the fear of being found doing so.
I'm amazed stocks of cans have lasted this long. All the draught drinkers have been forced onto cans and unless the breweries are doing sneaky deliveries to shops, it was only a matter of time before the convenience stores are cleaned out.

This latest 2 week extension might finally achieve what it has completely failed to do so far, but it won't be by compliance, just a lack of stock.

Congratulations everyone - we have literally drink Phnom Penh dry.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

A few places offering dine in ~ish (outdoor and very distanced tables) today in plain sight.
Police didn't really complain.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jack.R. wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:39 pm A few places offering dine in ~ish (outdoor and very distanced tables) today in plain sight.
Police didn't really complain.
I think dining outside will be here long before dining inside is allowed again. Harry's got told on Saturday they were not allowed dine-in; take away only. It only took them 3 days to notice.

They are just copying and pasting the rules from other countries and so we can look to how long they lasted there as a clue as to how long these will last here.

Outdoor drinking and eating will hopefully be back in a few weeks, indoors a while longer.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Any news on the ending of the curfew????????????
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic