A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Post by OrangeDragon »

frank lee bent wrote:There is a lot of talk about replacing yankee burger drones with droids and touch screens.
Automation is expensive... but when you make labor MORE expensive it becomes common sense really.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

I couldn't care how it's made, was I captain Picard on my way to the border of the universe, I'd probably be dialing in a Whopper on that food replicator.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I had a 60 baht 60 year anniversary whopper today. This might remain my only visit to Burger King for this year, but it was well worth it.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Wow, I can't believe you guys actually eat that shit, much less even think it tastes good.

It's not really food.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

sigmoid wrote:Wow, I can't believe you guys actually eat that shit, much less even think it tastes good.

It's not really food.
Agreed. The only time I eat that crap now is at airports if the other stuff available is crap or too pricey.

Back in Oz, a burger use to be something to look forward too - a homemade pattie on a fresh bread roll with fried onions, tomato, lettuce, tomato sauce. Then came the extras: egg, beetroot, cheese, pineapple. Man, they were magnificent - something you'd tell your friends about. And then all this plastic shite started appearing from overseas and captured a generation.

Last time I lived in Oz there were a few fish and chip shops still doing real burgers but I suppose most would be out of business now.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Joker Poker wrote:
sigmoid wrote:Wow, I can't believe you guys actually eat that shit, much less even think it tastes good.

It's not really food.
Then came the extras: egg, beetroot, cheese, pineapple.
You know you lost most of us there.
Using Tapatalk
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

It's not really food.
A whopper can be quite good on occasion, when it's done right. More of a treat a few times per year than a dietary staple. Maybe the proper ingredients or the preparation are lacking where you tried them.

Maybe BK offerings are a bit like Vegamite. If you didn't grow up with it, you don't get why anyone would ever eat it.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Soi Dog wrote:

It's not really food.
A whopper can be quite good on occasion, when it's done right. More of a treat a few times per year than a dietary staple. Maybe the proper ingredients or the preparation are lacking where you tried them.

Maybe BK offerings are a bit like Vegamite. If you didn't grow up with it, you don't get why anyone would ever eat it.
C'mon really now...BK is pure crap shite inedible over-priced chemically-laden synthetic "foodstuff". For what they charge there are 1000 other meals much better tasting and far better for your health.

Fast food? What dolts eat that junk? And furthermore enjoy it? It's all bad news from any angle BK, Macs, KFC, etc.). Go to a deli instead, go get Chinese, a bowl of pho, a hearty bowl of soup and brown bread, etc. for the same price or even cheaper...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Woodstock in Nana Plaza. That was a burger!

Anybody remember all their variations? Mexican burger, Bleu cheese burger, Bacon cheeseburger...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

dagenham wrote:

Fast food? What dolts eat that junk? And furthermore enjoy it? It's all bad news from any angle BK, Macs, KFC, etc.)...
Anyone who really can't see that MOST people enjoy Burger King is in the minority.

You don't like it? Fine.

But if you honestly can't see why most people do, I think you need to expand your mind.

(Not addressing you particularity, just in general.)

It always reminds me of that time Yogi Berra said:

"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic