Man Dies After Eating Frog Soup

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Dies After Eating Frog Soup

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Banteay Meanchey Province): A man died last night after killing and eating a frog, in Chomchay village, Chnor Meanchey village, as he was preparing rice together with his wife at 7pm on May 07, 2021 at Kok Trach village, Chom Meanchey district, Banteay Meanchey.

Report of the district police reveals: The victim who died was Sat Reneth, a 49-year-old man. The man's wife explained that she and her husband prepared a frog's soup for dinner which they ate shortly before he died.
Mr. Meas Bhanthi, the head of the Preah Neth district commission has confirmed more: "After getting news, and doing physical checkups, we found no marks or scars related to murder, the wife of the corpse said her husband's death was caused by frog soup; he just lost his life."
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Man Dies After Eating Frog Soup

Post by nerdlinger »

the wife of the corpse
ouch
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

nerdlinger wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:08 pm
the wife of the corpse
ouch
Yes sorry, literal translation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Would they take that bowl of soup away for forensic analysis, sounds a bit fishy to me 🤔
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

DaveG wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:18 pm Would they take that bowl of soup away for forensic analysis, sounds a bit fishy to me 🤔
Yeah me too. Didn’t she eat the soup too?
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Depends- poisoned or choked on a bone?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

French onion soup ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Possibly a Toad Soup rather than frog? Most toads have parotid glands that produce toxins and many others have toxic glands all over their skins. There are possibly poisonous frog species here but I'm not aware of any. Salmonella is also a possibility but I'm sure the competent authorities would have noticed this as it has specific and common symptoms. Anyway, the big question is whether anyone else shared the delicious looking soup.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:20 am French onion soup ?
Where can I get some? Kandal House did a great one. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Stiliko wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:33 pm
DaveG wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:18 pm Would they take that bowl of soup away for forensic analysis, sounds a bit fishy to me 🤔
Yeah me too. Didn’t she eat the soup too?
Husband took the biggest piece of frog/toad that was floating in the soup and left his wife the rest ?
Lucky for her in that case. RIP .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic