Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by Doc67 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:33 am VIETNAM - 16 April 2021
HCMC Airport is reportedly cracking at the seams as Vietnamese domestic travel returns to normal.

The latest Covid-19 outbreak in late January came just a few weeks before Lunar New Year, the country's biggest holiday, forcing many people to cancel travel plans.
Passengers queue up for security screening at Tan Son Nhat Airport, April 16, 2021. Photo by VnExpress/Gia Minh.
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vietn ... 64043.html
Those were the days...
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Looks like Vietnam is going the way of Thailand, setting up selected areas, e.g., Phu Quoc, to introduce the first international visitors, an idea presented months ago. Well, VN is inching forward, I should say. But now I'm thinking only a tiny number of foreigners, i.e., Russians, will make it into VN before year's end, if everything runs smoothly. So, to the rest of us, say hello 2022!

However, the challenge will be obtaining doses to inoculate the islanders, after all the front-line medical and essential folks get a shot or two.
“To ensure safety, all Phu Quoc islanders will be inoculated against COVID-19 in accordance with the Ministry of Health’s standards before Russian visitors are allowed in,” Trung said.

“In the best scenario, the earliest we can reopen to Russian travelers is September or October."
https://tuoitrenews.vn/news/business/20 ... 60443.html
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

yes, too long for me, im out...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ATTENTION: Singapore's Changi Airport, major SEA air hub, is reporting Covid- 19 clusters.

Singapore back in near-lockdown mode
Dining in banned after airport cluster raises alarm, travel bubble with Hong Kong in jeopardy
published : 14 May 2021 at 20:47

Singapore is returning to the lockdown-like conditions it last imposed a year ago, banning dining-in and limiting gatherings to two people, as a rising number of untraceable virus infections pressures one of the most successful places in the world at Covid containment.

For four weeks from May 16 to June 13, gathering sizes as well as household visitors will be cut to a maximum of two people from five people now, working from home will be the default, and food places can only do takeaways and deliveries, the health ministry said in a statement on Friday. The resurgence is also putting a highly anticipated travel bubble with Hong Kong in doubt.

“A pattern of local unlinked community cases has emerged and is persisting,” the statement said. “We need to act decisively to contain these risks as any one leak could result in an uncontrolled resurgence of cases.”

The country recorded 24 new virus cases locally on Friday, with more than half coming from a cluster originating from Changi Airport. The number of unlinked infections — the most concerning to officials as they signal undetected spread in the community — has risen to 15 in the past week from 7 in the week before, the health ministry had said Thursday.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/21159 ... kdown-mode
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:55 am ATTENTION: Singapore's Changi Airport, major SEA air hub, is reporting Covid- 19 clusters.

Dining in banned after airport cluster raises alarm, travel bubble with Hong Kong in jeopardy

Singapore is returning to the lockdown-like conditions it last imposed a year ago, banning dining-in and limiting gatherings to two people, as a rising number of untraceable virus infections pressures one of the most successful places in the world at Covid containment.

For four weeks from May 16 to June 13, gathering sizes as well as household visitors will be cut to a maximum of two people from five people now, working from home will be the default, and food places can only do takeaways and deliveries, the health ministry said in a statement on Friday. The resurgence is also putting a highly anticipated travel bubble with Hong Kong in doubt.

“A pattern of local unlinked community cases has emerged and is persisting,” the statement said. “We need to act decisively to contain these risks as any one leak could result in an uncontrolled resurgence of cases.”

The country recorded 24 new virus cases locally on Friday, with more than half coming from a cluster originating from Changi Airport. The number of unlinked infections — the most concerning to officials as they signal undetected spread in the community — has risen to 15 in the past week from 7 in the week before, the health ministry had said Thursday.

I hope the airport is still open for transit! im assuming it probably is.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Matty9999 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:26 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:55 am ATTENTION: Singapore's Changi Airport, major SEA air hub, is reporting Covid- 19 clusters.

That was my thought exactly. If they track this back from transit, bye bye Changi transit.

When are you flying?
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:31 am

That was my thought exactly. If they track this back from transit, bye bye Changi transit.

When are you flying?
Friday
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Matty9999 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:32 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:31 am

When are you flying?
Friday
I'm thinking of getting out on Wednesday, gonna book my flight on the day of departure.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

I'm putting my chances of actually getting out of here and gaining entry into another host country at 70/30
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Matty9999 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:58 pm I'm putting my chances of actually getting out of here and gaining entry into another host country at 70/30
you should be fine transferring through Singapore as they were in lock down last year when they started allowing flight transfers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic