Vaccines and Your Experience

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Vaccines and Your Experience

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:43 am
GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:12 pm Pfizer #2 - chills, headache, extreme fatigue, body aches, couldn't move arm due to pain. Lasted for 1 day, Tylenol solved most of the side effects.

Wife - arm pain and no other side effects.
Mmmh, i brought my mother (87) to get her first Pfizer shot 3 weeks ago, and will get the 2nd one next weekend.

First shot was funny, she's a bit deaf, so i had to read loudly the formular's questions.
It's a vaccinodrome inside a large fair building. High ceiling, good echo, like a church, all patients in one big room.

" YOU'RE NOT CURRENTLY PREGNANT MUM, ARE YOU ?
- ...no !?
- YOU SURE RIGHT ? YOU WON"T FOOL THE DOCTOR IF YOU'RE PLAYING GAMES BEHIND OUR BACK YOU KNOW....
- Are they asking this, seriously ?
- SO, YOU DON"T BREASTFEED TOO RIGHT ? YOU DON"T SELL YOUR PREGNANCY MILK OR SOMETHING ?"

She beat me a bit with her umbrella while laughing through the parking lot to the car, but was fine.

I guess i will stick with her 2 days, just by precaution, having read your feedback...

Yeah, good call to stay with her. The younger people actually are more likely to have more severe reactions than the older folks, that is due to the younger persons' immune system being stronger. Those side effects are the immune system working to prepare the antibodies.

Table 3 on this page is the under 55 group and table 4 is the over 55 group

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/i ... icity.html

It says if you are under 55 years old, you have 59% chance of fatigue, 51% headache, 35% chills, 37% muscle pain, 15% fever

It says if you are OVER 55 years old, you have 50% chance of fatigue, 39% headache, 22% chills, 28% muscle pain, 10% fever

Just one day and I was better. Did need to wear a winter hat and jacket indoors though, I was freezing.
Wolf359
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Wolf359 »

I've had both rounds of the sinovac vaccine. No side effects at all other than some mild soreness at the injection site. My wife, 3 of her sisters, and their mom all got their first dose last week. They reported feeling tired only on the day of and soreness in the arm. Nothing else.
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

AndyKK wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:13 pm OP may I ask where you got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
One Khmer person was telling me he's going for the Johnson and Johnson vaccine because he has asthma. I asked if it was worth me paying a visit to his clinic. But he said it only reserved for people who have problems like himself, and really the clinic is mainly for police, and they would not let me have any vaccine there.
I personally don't recollect hearing this vaccine being in the country.

Hey Andy! Sorry, I can't help you with where to go to get in Cambodia.I got it here in the States been stuck over here since the whole thing kicked off.
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

Johnson and Johnson CEO states that going forward the covid vaccine will be bundled with annual flu vaccine in order to deal with new variants: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/09/covid-v ... years.html
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Me and my staff of around 50 got vaccinated with Astrazenica here in Vietnam this past Monday. Most of the staff had some side effects such as fever, headaches, feeling tired. This only lasted 1-2 days. Personally, no side effects at all except a very sore arm.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Wolf359 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:10 am I've had both rounds of the sinovac vaccine. No side effects at all other than some mild soreness at the injection site. My wife, 3 of her sisters, and their mom all got their first dose last week. They reported feeling tired only on the day of and soreness in the arm. Nothing else.
Same here....I got the second after 2 weeks but read a day later a 3 or 4 week wait is better...The girlfriend is waiting 3 weeks for the second now...
The writing on the vaccination card I was given smears and even rubs off easily....Wish that part of it was better....Make sure it is kept dry...Anyone laminate it?
Last edited by Patcan on Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

I got covid several times passing through chinese airports and waiting for connections for 12+ hours 6 times from september 2019-january 2020...I was sick as fuck and my immune system was able to overcome it.
My body has produced anti bodies and given me herd immunity.
This true story is about as reasonable as people being given all the various so called vaccines that have not scientifically been proven to do jack shit.
Far more reasonable than a junky claiming their dope injections prove the body can withstand these vaccines.
Since, even china has admitted their vaccines do not work ...I can see where taking them would be a damn good idea...they will not do shit to hurt or help you.
A chinese viral expert escaped china and has said in multiple interviews that china is incapable of producing a working vaccine.
She was attacked by the media on several occasions and all of these outlets have had to retract their lies about her.
I think we should wait and see if the jabs work or if those jabbed come down with covid like the guard at the US embassy, The great Spanish golfer who had to withdrawl with a 6 shot lead, bill mahr, the new york yankees...etc. etc.
I hope all of you live long and healthy lives.
I have no ill will towards anyone getting the shot.
But, a sore arm for a day or two is not the real answer..
Did you get covid AFTER your jabs is the real question to be answered over the next year or twenty.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Biffsm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:31 am I got covid several times passing through chinese airports and waiting for connections for 12+ hours 6 times from september 2019-january 2020...I was sick as fuck and my immune system was able to overcome it.
My body has produced anti bodies and given me herd immunity.
This true story is about as reasonable as people being given all the various so called vaccines that have not scientifically been proven to do jack shit.
Far more reasonable than a junky claiming their dope injections prove the body can withstand these vaccines.
Since, even china has admitted their vaccines do not work ...I can see where taking them would be a damn good idea...they will not do shit to hurt or help you.
A chinese viral expert escaped china and has said in multiple interviews that china is incapable of producing a working vaccine.
She was attacked by the media on several occasions and all of these outlets have had to retract their lies about her.
I think we should wait and see if the jabs work or if those jabbed come down with covid like the guard at the US embassy, The great Spanish golfer who had to withdrawl with a 6 shot lead, bill mahr, the new york yankees...etc. etc.
I hope all of you live long and healthy lives.
I have no ill will towards anyone getting the shot.
But, a sore arm for a day or two is not the real answer..
Did you get covid AFTER your jabs is the real question to be answered over the next year or twenty.
I am probably wasting my time here, but anyway: how would you explain the rapid drop in infections in countries where a large part of the population have been vaccinated such as in Israel? Furthermore, even the vaccine producers are not claiming that vaccinated people will not get Covid; but there is ample proof (not conspiracy theories) that vaccinated people display much less severe symptoms when they do get the virus.
I got covid several times passing through chinese airports and waiting for connections for 12+ hours 6 times from september 2019-january 2020...I was sick as fuck and my immune system was able to overcome it.
You know for a fact that you had Covid several times or are you just making assumptions?
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Biffsm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:31 am My body has produced anti bodies and given me herd immunity.
:lol:

Btw, being vaccinated doesn’t prevent you from catching the virus. Your system will just be prepared for it better.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Currently stranded in Australia/Sydney.

Had the first of my two free, Australian made, AstraZenica vaccines on 19 May 2021 and got it entered to my yellow WHO International Certificate of Vaccines or Prophylaxis (aka IHC) for future use at international borders once international travel resumes and land borders reopen. It was a total non-event. Have to wait 12 weeks before having the second AZ to obtain maximum protection.

Then on 7 June had the first of my two annual free Influenza injection in to the same arm as the AZ Covid vaccine, and at the same time and in to my other arm the new PREVEWAX made by Pfizer which replaces and becomes my lifetime shot for, I think, PNEUMONOVAX.

As for the AZ Covid first vaccine, both of the subsequent vaccines were also entered in to my IHC, and were likewise total non events without any obvious effects on me. In other words, perfectly normal vaccinations.

However, two mature age Cambodian female friends were ill for several days after having their first SINOPHARM made Covid vaccines in Phnom Penh.

Just my personal experience, and what is relevant to one person may not have any relationship or relevance to another person.

OML
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic