Administration releases identities of 445 new COVID-19 patients

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Administration releases identities of 445 new COVID-19 patients

Post by phuketrichard »

Isn't this a serious human rights violation?
fuck, if there releasing names, i bet the number of cases drops really fast<
who will get tested if they know their names will be posted in Public for all to see.

City Hall says that the aim of releasing the names is to promote public safety by enabling citizens to find out if they have been in contact with any COVID-19 cases.

The list is also vital for medical professionals to identify COVID-19 patients.

It urges anyone who has had contact with any of the people listed below to report to the local authorities and get samples taken at the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital, Chak Angre Health Center, Bak Touk High School, Boeung Trabek High School and Sopheak Mongkul Primary School.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50853385/p ... kDWxbfeq3Y
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Administration releases identities of 445 new COVID-19 patients

Post by timmydownawell »

I don't think you needed to start a new thread for this Richard. They have been doing this for months. The idea is to help people track whether they have been in contact with someone who tested positive. But yes, it wouldn't be tolerated in many countries but this is Cambodia.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Here in Vietnam, they do the same. I have no issue with that if it keeps the general population safe.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Human rights' violations ? :shock:
Meanwhile, in Thailand...
:OD:
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

You don't even live here and you criticize pandemic measures? Compared to what? Thailand, USA?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:06 pm Human rights' violations ? :shock:
Meanwhile, in Thailand...
:OD:
And no press freedom post490179.html#p490179 :popcorn:
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

hanno wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:56 pm Here in Vietnam, they do the same. I have no issue with that if it keeps the general population safe.
I think the point is that it won’t keep the population safe in anything but the shortest term, because it’s a strong incentive to NEVER get tested.

After the tsunami in Japan, displaced citizens from Fukushima got death threats in the mail from their new neighbours. Not hard to imagine the people on that list finding themselves subjected to that or worse. :(
Last edited by nerdlinger on Fri May 07, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Lucky you OP, you live in Thailand. :hattip:
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:46 pm
hanno wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:56 pm Here in Vietnam, they do the same. I have no issue with that if it keeps the general population safe.
I think the point is that it won’t keep the population safe in anything but the shortest term, because it’s a strong incentive to NEVER get tested.

After the tsunami in Japan, displaced citizens from Fukushima got death threats in the mail from their new neighbours. Not hard to imagine the people on that list finding themselves subjected to that or worse. :(
You are wrong there, at least as far as Vietnam is concerned. All my staff and I are currently waiting to get tested after being on a list being classed F2 or F3. Probably the reason Vietnam has managed rather well so far. Vietnamese consider this a war to be won, they have a little experience with this after all, and there is a lot of peer pressure to get tested if your name pops up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic