Bali to deport influencers after fake face mask 'prank' (video)

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Bali to deport influencers after fake face mask 'prank' (video)

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Strawberryshake wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:59 pm No sense of humor these Indonesians.
A 10$ fine would have been sufficient.
It's been a pretty understanding request by many Asian countries - do whatever the hell you like (within reason), just don't make it public or mock and embarrass us with it. Doesn't strike me as that unreasonable tbh.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:07 pm
Strawberryshake wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:59 pm No sense of humor these Indonesians.
It's been a pretty understanding request by many Asian countries - do whatever the hell you like (within reason), just don't make it public or mock and embarrass us with it. Doesn't strike me as that unreasonable tbh.
Just smart arses most people would just go buy a mask and carry on, :please:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

:facepalm:
July 2020

Avril 2021

3 May 2021
South African & Indian strains entering Indonesia

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

atst wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:16 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:07 pm
Just smart arses most people would just go buy a mask and carry on, :please:
I wouldn't even give them credit for being 'smart' frankly...they are just YouTubers thinking up whatever next 'sensationalist prank' vid they can come up with to get as many hits as possible by their followers... In their selfish quest, blind to observing local laws and conditions and smirking that they can get away with it. Self serving idiots imo

Just like these other 'influencers':

An influencer filmed herself licking a plane toilet seat for 'clout' on TikTok as part of a 'coronavirus challenge'

Ava Louise spreading awareness in her own way. post405529.html#p405529

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

This done gotten out of hand
. You just dun gotta luv da kwalitee way dat peepul spik un rite inglish, yeah?

As for her; I see a lot of solo intimacy for her, if she uses any of that on tinder. Imagine wanting to go anywhere near that maw? I'm hard pressed to go anywhere near an aircraft toilet after it's been in service for a day after delivery! Long flights over 5hrs have me debating the merits of dehydration over the alternative of venturing in there, based on 2 decades of watching what passengers leave behind.
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

Will ur home country immediately kick out a tourist for a prank like that? And by the way all of these these low grade mouth masks are totally useless.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Strawberryshake wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:22 am Will ur home country immediately kick out a tourist for a prank like that? And by the way all of these these low grade mouth masks are totally useless.
Out of point.

Asia is a lot about saving face, so if they require to do like this or that, and it doesn't hurt, and all can manage to do it despite earning/knowing less, i don't know what is the point of doing otherwise, and be smartasses about it where they shouldn't.
These two, not knowing better although from asian descent, clearly didn't think about context.
Tourism is all about context. Tourists are guests, adults are examples for kids, and coming from USA which produces vaccins, then act there which depends on China for vaccins, probably helped to tick all boxes about the "return to shipper" decision. It's not springbreak in Tijuana on a normal year, down there.

Now if they try the same trick when boarding plane, i guess that's a winner for well-deserved golden Kuta-Los angeles free ticket by paddling...

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Strawberryshake wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:22 am Will ur home country immediately kick out a tourist for a prank like that? And by the way all of these these low grade mouth masks are totally useless.
As a prank by itself, I've no problem. I'm a bit of a prankster at times, myself. But they seem to have made the mistake of thinking that a silly prank will be met with the same sense of humour. If they've then come across as dismissive towards the locals instead of winding it in a bit, as does happen among the younger, less inhibited at times, then it's going to end up with some embarrassment. Lesson learned.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Getting jailed & deported? They couldn’t have asked for more – they’re just pinching themselves with delight. Their pin-headed stunt went viral. Just think about the clicks! Her followers- the influenced - will balloon.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ssian »

How dumb can they be especially he one licking toilet seat. Omg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic