Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Brody »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:52 am Sorry mate but 841 new cases today. They would be crazy to end lockdowns.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

30 days hath September, April, June, and November, except April, which was infinite.
Probably not the best time for jokes, (nobody has walked into a bar for a couple of months) but CDC and the WHO have recommended laughter, so take your medicine.
“Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand.” — Mark Twain
“Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.” — Lord Byron
I told the girlfriend to throw a dart at a world map and said “wherever it lands—that’s where I’m taking you when this pandemic ends.” Turns out, we’re spending two weeks behind the neighbours fridge, once I’ve paid to fix their window.
During lockdown:
  • I have managed to reverse some old habits – I now fart to cover up a cough,
  • and while previously I hadn’t had the time to thoroughly clean my house, this week I discovered that wasn’t the reason.
  • With the extra eating, every few days I try on my jeans on just to make sure they fit. I now get it, that pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
Some of the rules have been unclear, though. They said wearing a mask was enough to go to the mart. When I got there, everyone else had clothes on. So I went home to get my hat, and encountered an attractive lady. I looked into her eyes, deep into the emerald green contacts, my heart fluttered, I felt a connection, something deeper, something magical, meaningful, I was transported to another place and I thought, blimey these binoculars are brilliant.
Nothing’s impossible? I do nothing every day!
Stay safe.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
magicmike
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by magicmike »

Any news on the curfew getting lifted ?
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

magicmike wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:47 pm Any news on the curfew getting lifted ?
No
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:50 am If we're still getting 500-700+ cases/day, then what was the point of the lockdown in the first place?
it should be obvious that it was in order to fully vaccinate 'desirables'
and ensure they didn't contract anything in the meantime

but, they are doing a genuinely good job of rolling out vaccine, if you ignore the nepotism and favoritism

the red zones will be fully vaxxed by the end of the month
and they may try to declare victory over this outbreak then
calculating they can outrun the virus with vaccinations in the rest of the city

that might work
or it might be a big mistake
there are still plenty of high-risk areas
and they may have taken their eye off the ball there while concentrating testing in red zones

monstra mihi bona!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

joelightcloud wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:00 pm
magicmike wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:47 pm Any news on the curfew getting lifted ?
No
A friend in Phsar Kandal was told by police today it all over by "day 5".

I know its hearsay, and from an utterly unreliable source, but it's probably as reliable at the Khmer Times
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

although the zonal system currently in place in Phnom Penh will continue with Red, Orange and Yellow Zones, Mr. Keut Chhe, Deputy Governor of Phnom Penh, confirmed that the government’s full blockade measures will end on May 5, saying “After the 5th, we did not open Phnom Penh completely, for fear of spreading COVID-19 to other areas
Looks as though interprovincial travel will be back. I'd guess that yellow zones can travel freely, orange and red little change

Would be surprised if the alcohol ban is stopped or bars open.

Just my opinion, no hard facts to back that up
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

cautious colin wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:24 pm
although the zonal system currently in place in Phnom Penh will continue with Red, Orange and Yellow Zones, Mr. Keut Chhe, Deputy Governor of Phnom Penh, confirmed that the government’s full blockade measures will end on May 5, saying “After the 5th, we did not open Phnom Penh completely, for fear of spreading COVID-19 to other areas
Looks as though interprovincial travel will be back. I'd guess that yellow zones can travel freely, orange and red little change

Would be surprised if the alcohol ban is stopped or bars open.

Just my opinion, no hard facts to back that up
Interprovincial travel already open except for three provinces. Quarantine might be obligatory though.

Alcohol ban is a joke. Even in Phnom Penh you can buy alcoholic drinks if you know your way beyond the mini marts or supermarket s.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 pm
joelightcloud wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:00 pm
No
A friend in Phsar Kandal was told by police today it all over by "day 5".

I know its hearsay, and from an utterly unreliable source, but it's probably as reliable at the Khmer Times
There's no mention that I can find on the Ministry of Information's website. My Khmer friend in BT1 red zone is adamant lockdown ends on Thursday and he is off to Mondulkiri. I told him not to get his hopes up.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Kammekor wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:32 pm
Alcohol ban is a joke. Even in Phnom Penh you can buy alcoholic drinks if you know your way beyond the mini marts or supermarket s.
Agreed, probably the most I've drunk in the last couple of weeks,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic