District Governor Shoots Grazing Bull with AK-47 (by Accident, Accidentally)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: District Governor Shoots Grazing Bull with AK-47 (by Accident, Accidentally)

Post by Jerry Atrick »

A grand for that skinny beast is a good result for the farmer
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: District Governor Shoots Grazing Bull with AK-47 (by Accident, Accidentally)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:08 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:02 pm Image
I love the white dots covering the bullet hole. Was that to protect the feelings of the relatives? Maybe Darknet CEONews?
Now available in the uncensored version:
Spoiler:
But, later news suggests that it may have been a suicide:
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:06 pm
I love the white dots covering the bullet hole. Was that to protect the feelings of the relatives? Maybe Darknet CEONews?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Plausible paranoia considering how many have their anus surgically removed by aliens! :?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Oh thank you , I was feeling deprivation from losing status in the darknet , that helps a little . 😢. Poor white cow 😢✊
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

i understand there's been a copy-cat case of cow target-practice
probably another ricochet
twice this time

just shows what happens when you can pay for crime in cash

monstra mihi bona!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Ohh.................. now the truth comes out. Its a Ripleys Moment

District gov says he accidentally fired a pistol, shot local’s cow
Chhun Sunly / Khmer Times

Vorn Sipha, governor of Samakki Meanchey district, Kampong Chhnang province who shot dead a cow at the district hall. Facebook
Click here to get Khmer Times Breaking News direct into your Telegram
FacebookTwitterEmailShare
Samakki Meanchey district governor Vorn Sipha shot and killed a cow at the district hall in Kampong Chhnang province, according to Kampong Chhnang provincial police spokesman Brigadier General Ear Bunthoeun.

Brig Gen Bunthoeun said yesterday that Sipha accidentally shot the cow on Friday evening.

“The district governor fired a pistol shot, but it accidentally ricocheted to kill the cow”, he said.

However, he said there were local media reports that Sipha had used an AK-47 rifle, which he denied. “I did not say that, what source did those reporters find this from?”

He also said local media falsely reported that Sipha had fired the gun to make a herd of cows run away from the district hall and urged the journalists to help correct it.

Two bullets were fired in Samakki Meanchey district hall by Siphan while a herd of cows was grazing there, he said.

The dead cow belonged to Khek Koeun, 45, and his wife Lek Srey, residents of Samakki Meanchey district. Another local resident informed Koeun that his cow had been shot in the head and killed.

One local media outlet published that Colonel Seng Chenda, Samakki Meanchey District police chief, had said that the cow was killed by someone throwing a stone at it. However, Khmer Times could not reach Col Chenda for comment yesterday.

Many media outlets have suggested that the district governor is the culprit, saying Sipha was angry with the herd of cows for grazing at the district hall.

Brig Gen Bunthoeun said Sipha, as the district governor, has the right to use his own pistol but it is illegal to test fire in such a place.

Kampong Chhnang provincial spokesman Srun Sam Rithy told Khmer Times yesterday that Sipha’s case is currently being investigated by provincial leaders.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I smell a rat. A head shot tends to drop the victim on the spot. The bleeding is then kept in one place. Head shots bleed a lot as 20% of the hearts output goes straight upstairs.

So, where's the huge pool of blood?
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

In the west they have a thing called "transferred intent"
:thumb:
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

So what’s the take away here?

He didn’t use a choppa but instead pulled his side arm.

He fired twice (which makes an accidental discharge less likely.)

He fired inside the building (let’s assume out the window) but no motive is given.

I’m sure he just got pissed off at those goddam cows shitting and mooing all day long near his office. “I told them peons to keep them fucking cows away from my window” BANG BANG “take that. Now maybe I can get some work done here” (as he sits back down to the card game.)

Later on the angry owners appear. “Here, give them some loy. Oh and fire up the barbecue.”
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

Cause of death: Ricochet induced heart attack
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic