Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Jerry Atrick »

atst wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:57 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:33 pm
atst wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:29 pm No beers in Kampot again
Why? Lack of stock or new rules?
New rule again , not surprised walking past a few small bars/restaurants last night,
Fake news, everything was open apart from a few spots by old market.

There is no new ban or new rule, so far
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:11 pm
New rule again , not surprised walking past a few small bars/restaurants last night,

Everything open but no alcohol yes you can get sneeky ones in some places
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

atst wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:50 pm

That reminds me of drinking beer from coffee mugs at work, in my last days before redundancy.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

atst wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:50 pm

No ban and no subterfuge from where I was at regarding serving.

They may issue a new directive tomorrow or Tuesday, however
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Arget wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:23 pm Phnom Penh City Hall has allowed citizens living in “Yellow Zones” and “Orange Zones” to sell and purchase goods, vegetables, and meat from 3am to 8pm.

The government eased its restrictions after witnessing people’s current needs during the lockdown.
and red zones?
well at least they see there's a problem in the open zones
a problem that was impossible to forecast, obviously

monstra mihi bona!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sunway Hotel Covid Alert
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Covid-19 Sub-Committee are notifying people who have had contact with staff at the Sunway Hotel, located at Street 92, Wat Phnom, Daun Penh from April 20 to 30, 2021, because there are staff members who have tested positive for Covid-19 at the above location.

Residents who frequently come in and have contact with staff at the Sunway Hotel should isolate themselves and take care of their health for 14 days from the day you were exposed or went to the risk area.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 12:08 am
22 seconds ago - BREAKING NEWS
Lockdown in Phom Penh and Takhmao to be lifted after May 5

Prime Minister HE announced tonight he will end the lockdown in Phnom Penh and other provinces, but some small areas with a high risk of infections will remain under restrictions.

His announcement was made in response to a Facebook user, asking him about the situation after May 5, a deadline to reopen Phnom Penh and Takhmao City after three weeks of lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“There is no reason to continue to close it. We will reopen provinces or capital. [We] can close small areas where there is a high risk of infections,” he said.
“Ongoing lockdowns are compulsory to reduce the infection and deaths of our people. Please understand a common difficulty faced by the nation,” he added.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50849886/l ... ter-may-5/
Just saw this - good news for Phnom Penhers. (Now go and stock up on beer and food, ready for the next round. :beer2: Just in case.)
I wonder where are these "small areas with a high risk of infections" ? Markets, shops, hotels ?
(Reposted from another thread, in response to: post489516.html#p489516)
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 am

Prime Minister HE announced tonight he will end the lockdown in Phnom Penh and other provinces, but some small areas with a high risk of infections will remain under restrictions.

His announcement was made in response to a Facebook user, asking him about the situation after May 5, a deadline to reopen Phnom Penh and Takhmao City after three weeks of lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“There is no reason to continue to close it. We will reopen provinces or capital. [We] can close small areas where there is a high risk of infections,” he said.
“Ongoing lockdowns are compulsory to reduce the infection and deaths of our people. Please understand a common difficulty faced by the nation,” he added.
Just saw this - good news for Phnom Penhers. (Now go and stock up on beer and food, ready for the next round. :beer2: Just in case.)
I wonder where are these "small areas with a high risk of infections" ? Markets, shops, hotels ?
Guess who is back!!!... Inter-related wanted to thank @Doc67 and @PSD-Kiwi for everything. I started process of business visa. I had to apply for some pre-screening thing. Forgive me if was discussed-- Need to reacquaint myself w/ the board again. I took a break and then 1 day turned into 8 months..wtf.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 am I wonder where are these "small areas with a high risk of infections" ? Markets, shops, hotels ?
existing red zones quite likely
of course they should switch to (and should have all long, imho) targeted lockdowns
as there are plenty of slummy high-risk areas in the rest of the city

the numbers would tell the story
but i don't think testing is being applied evenly
so the i guess the plan is for the problem to just fade away
as i think i predicted

monstra mihi bona!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 am

Just saw this - good news for Phnom Penhers. Now (go and stock up on beer and food, ready for the next round. :beer2: Just in case.)
The lockdown is one thing, the ban on alcohol is another. So too is the closure of bars and restaurants.

In the yellow zones "Lockdown" is meaningless. Any news on when they will reverse dictats 2 and 3?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic