Where is Jamie_Lambo?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Where is Jamie_Lambo?

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hburns wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:16 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:54 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
John Bingham wrote:He fucked off back to Engerland months ago. No big mystery.
So he did 2 weeks of quarantine and then just stayed a month or so? While half the bars were closed I should add. Sounds like a waste or rather, bad timing... :-/
I was in Cambodia 4 months i came back to England beginning of April as Phnom Penh started locking down, a week after i left PP got its 8pm curfew, so it was a good call
Bars were open pretty much the whole time i was there apart from the last 2-3 weeks, but even then some bars still remained open to select people via backdoor
I’ve been living in Cambodia on n off for 9 years, got lots of friends there, definitely wasn’t a wasted 4 months lol i would have stayed longer if it wasn’t for Covid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most of my time I spent catching up with old friends as id not spent too much time in Cambodia over the last 2 years as i moved to Thailand instead, also had a short spell in Philippines too, so was great to get to spend some quality time with old friends again rather than the brief visits the past couple of times

Happy to see you are alive and well. I didn't realise you escaped before the lockdowns there. I had visions of you punching holes in your apartment walls or doing your nut in or something. Just started the thread to make sure someone was in touch with you.

Looks like you came back to Britain just in time for some good weather and beer. :beer1:
yeah mate, i used to spend 8 months of the year there in Cambodia, so 4 months just flew by!
:beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:43 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
So he did 2 weeks of quarantine and then just stayed a month or so? While half the bars were closed I should add. Sounds like a waste or rather, bad timing... :-/
I was in Cambodia 4 months i came back to England beginning of April as Phnom Penh started locking down, a week after i left PP got its 8pm curfew, so it was a good call
Bars were open pretty much the whole time i was there apart from the last 2-3 weeks, but even then some bars still remained open to select people via backdoor
I’ve been living in Cambodia on n off for 9 years, got lots of friends there, definitely wasn’t a wasted 4 months lol i would have stayed longer if it wasn’t for Covid

Seems a very sensible decision to me. Have you kept a permanent home in the UK ?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:05 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:

Seems a very sensible decision to me. Have you kept a permanent home in the UK ?
You mean his mum's place?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Brody wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:21 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:

I would think that too is even a more sensible decision, I would think the situation is of mutual benefits for family life and wellbeing on both sides, thus a good help for Jamie to carry on with his needs and enjoyment of overseas travel, being something that would certainly become that of a more difficult situation without family support, but never the less still doable for the mindset.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

AndyKK wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:37 pm
Brody wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:21 pm
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:So he did 2 weeks of quarantine and then just stayed a month or so? While half the bars were closed I should add. Sounds like a waste or rather, bad timing... :-/

I would think that too is even a more sensible decision, I would think the situation is of mutual benefits for family life and wellbeing on both sides, thus a good help for Jamie to carry on with his needs and enjoyment of overseas travel, being something that would certainly become that of a more difficult situation without family support, but never the less still doable for the mindset.
yeah i crash at my family home, we got a big 5 bedroom house, my parents live downstairs and i rent the upstairs, tbh the only time i really see them is when i come home from work, but they enjoy having me around as they dont see me for most the year, it actually costs me more staying at my family home than it does for my apartments in cambodia and thailand :plus1:
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

It obviously works well for both you & your parents, especially bearing in mind UK property prices

As for current times, the UK rather than likes of Cambodia is a much safer place to be
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

jaynewcastle wrote:It obviously works well for both you & your parents, especially bearing in mind UK property prices

As for current times, the UK rather than likes of Cambodia is a much safer place to be
Pubs are open again, what more could a brother want ImageImage

HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

The khmer take on the classic "Where's wally", get it published.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Its 9 30 am UK time and the pubs are now allowed to open. So my guess is that jamie is in the pub right now.
Not for the beer but in order to support the publican :beer1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic