Fuck me 60 tomorrow

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Fuck me 60 tomorrow

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Happy 60th @atst ! I honestly thought you were late 40's/early 50's when I met ya!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:29 pm Happy 60th @atst ! I honestly thought you were late 40's/early 50's when I met ya!
Thanks maybe had a sheltered life hahaha
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I read something recently which stuck with me - the price of survival is old age
Not sure if it helps but it does clarify that we are paying for what we have had

I am 55 this year and found turning 50 to be a real mental hurdle. I cannot even contemplate how bad I will feel at 60
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Element6 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:06 am I read something recently which stuck with me - the price of survival is old age
Not sure if it helps but it does clarify that we are paying for what we have had

I am 55 this year and found turning 50 to be a real mental hurdle. I cannot even contemplate how bad I will feel at 60
I detest admitting this publicly but I too will be 55 this year. I am struggling big time with that fact. It’s all down hill from there. No denying I am old in the eyes of many. 60 is a short hop from 55. That’s old (no offence to the OP and other readers who are 60 plus).

Granted, I think much of my struggle hinges on the drastic changes in my life in the past couple of years and the fact I can no longer ignore that I need to be in a stronger financial situation for ‘retirement’ (I will not be able to retire). I am now paying for my laissez faire attitude in my youth.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

What a whingy whining mob of dickheads. The only way you dont get older is death.

I have graduated from all those milestones and now ride along on number 68. I have had good times and bad but the best is yet to come.

Embrace your life , consider if you will those who have passed within the last year. Do you think they would be complaining of a mental hurdle of aging ?????

You sound like the touchy feely modern people who get there undies in a twist over inconsequential minor inconveniences.

Don't worry, be happy.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Arget wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:47 am What a whingy whining mob of dickheads. The only way you dont get older is death.

I have graduated from all those milestones and now ride along on number 68. I have had good times and bad but the best is yet to come.

Embrace your life , consider if you will those who have passed within the last year. Do you think they would be complaining of a mental hurdle of aging ?????

You sound like the touchy feely modern people who get there undies in a twist over inconsequential minor inconveniences.

Don't worry, be happy.
:D Man you sound grumpy
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

I hesitate to introduce my age to the vast public but I'll do it through a brief story.

I started exercising in early January, the first time in something like 12-13 years. I deemed it scarily necessary and I had the time available. :ROFL: My right knee would suddenly give up while walking upstairs and I'd have to grab the railing. My left ankle would do the same walking downstairs so I had to land heel first. The only thing to do was stress those miscreants with easy exercises. I had done a bit of reading.

Simple knee bends and foot stands while holding onto the kitchen counter, almost every day. Plus I started doing rapid walking around the massive condo underground garage and then added the eight-storey parking garage ramps to my circuit. I'm here to attest that, after three months, both problems are 99% gone. As is the daily mild pain and "noise" of right knee osteoarthritis. I turn 68 this month.

So don't give up. Forget about your age and keep on living.

The only thing about age that I can't decide is good or bad is that I've become really grumpy. :hattip:
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

violet wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:03 am
Arget wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:47 am What a whingy whining mob of dickheads. The only way you dont get older is death.

Don't worry, be happy.
:D Man you sound grumpy
No I am not grumpy. I just think that life is for living and the constant media bullshit on everything from Megan and Harrys interview to some meeting to have transgender counsellors available at universities so they will not be disenfranchised in their search for inclusiveness is a bit much.

I am lucky that I have retired because I fear that I would have been sacked for not being understanding and committing to all the new rules. HR would have crucified me.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic