The global AIDS pandemic and UN intervention in Cambodia collided in 1992

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: The global AIDS pandemic and UN intervention in Cambodia collided in 1992

Post by Anchor Moy »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:51 am Many can't read or write. It's almost like those billions in aid was diverted somewhere else. In general the answer is that many are not well educated in any subject. Apart from maybe fish farming and theft
Frankly, fsdfdsdf, seems to me that your posts are becoming constantly negative. (Did you notice this ?)
Most Cambodians are good honest people trying to get by. You must know that if you hang out with low life, then you get low life. It's not that difficult, and it goes for every country.
You are free to live your life and hang out with whoever you choose, but please stop stop with this "all Cambodians are thieves". If that is your experience, then it's due to your choices about what sort of people you mix with.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:23 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:51 am Many can't read or write. It's almost like those billions in aid was diverted somewhere else. In general the answer is that many are not well educated in any subject. Apart from maybe fish farming and theft
Frankly, fsdfdsdf, seems to me that your posts are becoming constantly negative. (Did you notice this ?)
Most Cambodians are good honest people trying to get by. You must know that if you hang out with low life, then you get low life. It's not that difficult, and it goes for every country.
You are free to live your life and hang out with whoever you choose, but please stop stop with this "all Cambodians are thieves". If that is your experience, then it's due to your choices about what sort of people you mix with.
I said many can't read. It's sadly true and hardly controversial. How do you propose we improve their lot by pretending they don't exist?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:23 pm
I said many can't read. It's sadly true and hardly controversial. How do you propose we improve their lot by pretending they don't exist?
Well, I can read what you wrote there, but I don't follow your logic. The topic here is the AIDS pandemic, and then you suggest that you (or your partners) don't like to use condoms as prevention. What has that got to do with literacy in Cambodia, or fish farmers ?
You do not have to be able to read in order to use a condom. :facepalm:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:02 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:23 pm
Well, I can read what you wrote there, but I don't follow your logic. The topic here is the AIDS pandemic, and then you suggest that you (or your partners) don't like to use condoms as prevention. What has that got to do with literacy in Cambodia, or fish farmers ?
You do not have to be able to read in order to use a condom. :facepalm:
I would argue that it's very difficult to teach many things just by word of mouth. Critical thinking for one thing. You can tell people it's good to use condoms but without an understanding that disease is spread by contact it's not very effective. I'm sure many middle class people do understand this but they aren't the people that are suffering. Similar thing with something like the concept of democracy. It leaves the people being controlled largely by propaganda on their tvs and whatever the head of the village tells them to do which isn't always in their best interests
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:40 pm Image
:nono: Ok then, :rambo: because IMO the troll is all over the forum so time to do some house-cleaning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:10 pm
:nono: Ok then, :rambo: because IMO the troll is all over the forum so time to do some house-cleaning.
Agreed. He's left the house.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:47 pm Maybe but most of the girls I meet are indifferent to condoms, some even refuse. but I guess that could just be the effect I have on them
This has to be one of the most ignorant and thoughtless comments I've read in a long time, especially considering the topic.

Exactly, I wouldn't associate with this selfish druggy in real life so I'm glad I won't have to read his dismal opinions here anymore. He can go and lie down with dogs all he wants, we don't need to accommodate him.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:05 pm
fucking what a relief, might finally get a break from him reporting every single post that he disagrees with, get about 20 notifications a day :BangHead:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

:rave:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:24 am
clutchcargo wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:05 pm
fucking what a relief, might finally get a break from him reporting every single post that he disagrees with, get about 20 notifications a day :BangHead:
:rave: No wonder you didn't have time to post. Lol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic