Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by fsdfdsdf »

atst wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:29 am
fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:20 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:03 am to those who think 90 + deaths (not normal deaths, but form a virus) is ok.
how would you feel if one of those 90 was ur father?

An old man emotionally expressed good-bye and wish gesture to his 92-year-old father who has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.

To the deniers;
its out there, its real, it kills and destroys life's
The guy with covid isn't even wearing a mask. Difficult to have sympathy for morons
Yes he is , that's how you wear them
guess so. hes looking at his son like "wtf don't you know how to wear that thing. Your out of the will"
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates April 2021)

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Arget wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:30 am
fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:20 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:03 am to those who think 90 + deaths (not normal deaths, but form a virus) is ok.

An old man emotionally expressed good-bye and wish gesture to his 92-year-old father who has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.

To the deniers;
The guy with covid isn't even wearing a mask. Difficult to have sympathy for morons
Have a bit of empathy and better judgement . He has covid...that does not make him a moron.. He has a mask on , probably lowered it for the photo. He probably thinks he is leaving home to die, be compassionate.
he's a moron. He is deliberately risking the lives of people around him as well as breaking the law. He needs jail not sympathy
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

To the deniers;
Thank you @phuketrichard for posting this.

This is a very respectful photo. The son is already old himself, but kneels and Sampheas his father.

I too think that a family member may have even requested that he lower the mask for the photo, so that they can see him, not only a mask.

Hopefully the old man can get well soon again.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:02 am My regular beer vendor on St 15, just opposite the market, has been tested twice.
Ok this doesn't bode well. His store has now been specifically taped off.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
teflsea
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by teflsea »

canucklhead wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:52 am Is it just me or does anyone else find the number of cases and deaths allegedly from covid, not that disturbing. In a population of 16 million people 90 have died. The cases numbers are really referring to positive tests. Are there that many seriously ill people here? I dont think so. Does anyone know anyone that is seriously ill from this?
Most of the deaths are really from othr health concerns such as heart disease and diabetes. I mean really 90 deaths over a 12 month period out of 16 million??? Im no mathemetician but thats fck all!
I have to say, I find this line of thinking very much misguided. It surprises me that we’re now more than 12 months into a global pandemic that has killed in excess of 3 million people worldwide (despite lockdowns and vaccine efforts), and this attitude still persists. I understand that in a world of nearly 8 billion people this seems trivial, but there are so many elements you are not capturing.

One of the biggest concerns from the start of this pandemic is that hospitals and intensive care units become overstretched, to the point that routine procedures and care can no longer take place and otherwise healthy people can pass away from preventable causes. Every bed and staff occupied by somebody with covid-19, can no longer be dedicated to somebody else, whether they have covid-19 or not. Even better healthcare systems have been taken to their limits during this pandemic, with huge backlogs which will take months/years to resolve, even if covid-19 is eradicated overnight.

Then there are the economic struggles, the mental health struggles (fear of virus, loss of loved ones without saying proper goodbyes, living in lockdown), that has impacted millions if not billions worldwide. It is in EVERYBODY’s interest that we take covid-19 seriously and do our best to stop it overwhelming healthcare systems and causing unnecessary deaths.

The fact the deaths from COVID-19 are above 0 in Cambodia and exponentially rising should be of high concern to anybody in the country, as that means the situation is worsening, not getting better. There was a time when Brazil had ‘just’ 90 deaths, India ‘just’ 90 deaths too.

Sorry to rant, but I’ve become bored of this ‘why are we scared of covid-19’ rhetoric. It’s a been a catastrophe in many countries and it’s something we should all be concerned about, as to not be concerned and be trivial will only make the situation worse for all of us worldwide.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

teflsea wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:57 pm
canucklhead wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:52 am Is it just me or does anyone else find the number of cases and deaths allegedly from covid, not that disturbing. In a population of 16 million people 90 have died. The cases numbers are really referring to positive tests. Are there that many seriously ill people here? I dont think so. Does anyone know anyone that is seriously ill from this?
Most of the deaths are really from othr health concerns such as heart disease and diabetes. I mean really 90 deaths over a 12 month period out of 16 million??? Im no mathemetician but thats fck all!
I have to say, I find this line of thinking very much misguided. It surprises me that we’re now more than 12 months into a global pandemic that has killed in excess of 3 million people worldwide (despite lockdowns and vaccine efforts), and this attitude still persists. I understand that in a world of nearly 8 billion people this seems trivial, but there are so many elements you are not capturing.

One of the biggest concerns from the start of this pandemic is that hospitals and intensive care units become overstretched, to the point that routine procedures and care can no longer take place and otherwise healthy people can pass away from preventable causes. Every bed and staff occupied by somebody with covid-19, can no longer be dedicated to somebody else, whether they have covid-19 or not. Even better healthcare systems have been taken to their limits during this pandemic, with huge backlogs which will take months/years to resolve, even if covid-19 is eradicated overnight.

Then there are the economic struggles, the mental health struggles (fear of virus, loss of loved ones without saying proper goodbyes, living in lockdown), that has impacted millions if not billions worldwide. It is in EVERYBODY’s interest that we take covid-19 seriously and do our best to stop it overwhelming healthcare systems and causing unnecessary deaths.

The fact the deaths from COVID-19 are above 0 in Cambodia and exponentially rising should be of high concern to anybody in the country, as that means the situation is worsening, not getting better. There was a time when Brazil had ‘just’ 90 deaths, India ‘just’ 90 deaths too.

Sorry to rant, but I’ve become bored of this ‘why are we scared of covid-19’ rhetoric. It’s a been a catastrophe in many countries and it’s something we should all be concerned about, as to not be concerned and be trivial will only make the situation worse for all of us worldwide.
I think a big part of the problem is that not a lot of people understand what exponential actually means
beerlaodrinker
Expatriate
France

Post by beerlaodrinker »

A correct and accurate post. In fact, its a PROVEN FACT that starved corpses cannot possibly transmit Covid-19.
The greater percentage of population starved therefore reduces Covid-19 risk proportionately.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

About 120 meters from my house in Ratanakiri a house was sealed off by the authorities this afternoon. Research showed the people locked in travelled from Phnom Penh and somehow the authorities found out.

But this shows the 'lockdown' of Phnom Penh is far from airtight.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kammekor wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:01 pm About 120 meters from my house in Ratanakiri a house was sealed off by the authorities this afternoon. Research showed the people locked in travelled from Phnom Penh and somehow the authorities found out.

But this shows the 'lockdown' of Phnom Penh is far from airtight.
BUT, it does show that the local authorities in Ratanakiri are on the ball to check out any new arrivals in the province. Ratanakiri and Stung Treng are supposedly the only provinces in Cambodia with no Covid contamination so far (AFAIK).
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

beerlaodrinker wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:00 pm

A correct and accurate post. In fact, its a PROVEN FACT that starved corpses cannot possibly transmit Covid-19.
The greater percentage of population starved therefore reduces Covid-19 risk proportionately.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic