It's not about the money in Hostess Bars diba?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: It's not about the money in Hostess Bars diba?

Post by phuketrichard »

LOL
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

logos wrote:
Real Estate sales techniques.
Let me take an educated guess.

A real estate agent is the scum of the earth, a profiteering shameless conman who exploits seller's and buyers'credibility in the same way a pimp barang bar owner is abusing/stealing from the girls while cheating his gullible customers.

But there is hope and a chance of redemption. Thanks to your sharp vision, we have been gifted with a chance of entering nokworld, where the 2 other illuminati you found in the last 15 years you wasted on various forums have been conferring among themselves about how foolish the rest of the world is.
On a day when torture is being discussed in the media, it's a real shame such brain power as you assume you have is being wasted. I've met at least a hundred blokes who share my ideas and beliefs but are afraid to post on forums for the very reason you just prove......gutless attacks. Stick with your mate surfer and put down others you don' t know. How libraries and book stores survive with the likes of you two is a real miracle. Learn to be tolerant of others and their ideas and beliefs. Intelligent disagreement is more than welcome. Personal attacks and name calling, well as you know by now, nothing but circle jerking. Have fun.
Secret Squirrel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Secret Squirrel »

Despite others scepticism, I would like to thank you for sharing your wisdom with us lesser people. I stand back, admire and salute your prowess in the lady department.
You mention about book stores which I also admire as one who is well read, and I look forward to the upcoming release of your biography 'The Chronicles of Banging Skanks for the Least Buck'.
The sacrifices you are making in advancing scientific understanding in the area and the benefit to the evolution of mankind should be recognised by the Nobel Foundation with this years prize for mongering by ageing, multiple times divorced, overweight bottom feeders.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jaap N. wrote:Feck, that guy is knowledgable!
I'm glad I'm not that knowledgeable.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

logos wrote:
Real Estate sales techniques.
Let me take an educated guess.

A real estate agent is the scum of the earth, a profiteering shameless conman who exploits seller's and buyers'credibility in the same way a pimp barang bar owner is abusing/stealing from the girls while cheating his gullible customers.

But there is hope and a chance of redemption. Thanks to your sharp vision, we have been gifted with a chance of entering nokworld, where the 2 other illuminati you found in the last 15 years you wasted on various forums have been conferring among themselves about how foolish the rest of the world is.
Word.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Barfine: $10 seems standard

From the random ones I've paid, I've never had any reason to try and get a refund, LoL.

I really couldn't answer your other questions, because those scenarios haven't happened to me.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

NokTang wrote: 1. How much is the "barfine" in your typical "Hostess Bar". I recently posted about Shanghai Bar charging five lady drinks plus a requirement the customer spends a total of $30.usd.. This is a barfine in disguise and of course, eliminates the possibility of a refund.
I was playing a cutie at pool in Shanghai a few years ago. Her friend said I could take her on a " date" for $100! Like any good poker player, my face didn't flicker, nor did I roll on the floor laughing my ass off. I asked what a " date" was. I was told I could take her shopping, or to a movie ( might have been a meal) , to see if she liked me! Bless. Salma Hayek doesn't even charge for dates :facepalm:
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Secret Squirrel wrote:Despite others scepticism, I would like to thank you for sharing your wisdom with us lesser people. I stand back, admire and salute your prowess in the lady department.
You mention about book stores which I also admire as one who is well read, and I look forward to the upcoming release of your biography 'The Chronicles of Banging Skanks for the Least Buck'.
The sacrifices you are making in advancing scientific understanding in the area and the benefit to the evolution of mankind should be recognised by the Nobel Foundation with this years prize for mongering by ageing, multiple times divorced, overweight bottom feeders.
Just saw and read your childlike post...

To remind and refresh, I don't attempt to pay as little as possible. I simply don't buy into the game of barang/Khmer/Thai/Filipino pimps disguising and intruding into my sexual affairs. I find their conduct with regards to the girls being not only wicked and vial, but disgusting. Be straight forward, tell me she works for you, she owes you money, she's indentured, etc. and I'll make my decisions.

As for you only valid point, it isn't that anyone is "lesser" than I, it's just that many don't know what's going on around them in such venues. Once they do, if they still want to pay a days wages for a "lady drink" or two or three weeks wages for a quick root, what do I care? It's their money. Knowledge is key to our development, not drunk and denial of what's going one. Have a nice day.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

General Mackevili wrote:Barfine: $10 seems standard

From the random ones I've paid, I've never had any reason to try and get a refund, LoL.

I really couldn't answer your other questions, because those scenarios haven't happened to me.
Got it, thanks. Have you ever heard of barfine refunds in PNH, and if so, is the girl charged/fined said barfine?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

NokTang wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:Barfine: $10 seems standard

Got it, thanks. Have you ever heard of barfine refunds in PNH, and if so, is the girl charged/fined said barfine?
Yes - A hostess I know quite well related an incident me about a month ago concerning a customer who had paid the barfine and left with her for an agreed 'short time". However on leaving the bar he wanted to go with her to the Golden Sorya Mall (GSM) and drink for quite a while prior to going back to the hotel. When she pointed out that this was not part of the deal, he more or less intimated that he had paid the barfine and he could do what he liked. The girl took ten dollars out of her bag, slapped it in his hand, told him to fuck off and went back to the bar.

In this particular bar the girl would get reimbursed, but generally it would very much depend on circumstance. The women running these bars have usually been there themselves and are fairly understanding. Problems arise however when the woman managing the bar is not the owner, and may be afraid to make an ''executive decision''. In any event what transpires between customer and hostess after leaving the bar has nothing whatsoever to do with the bar, and any differences need to be sorted out between the two parties.

In reality the only time a problem arises, is when a customer thinks he somehow ''owns'' the girl on paying a barfine and becomes angry when the girl will for example not perform particular sex acts or not have sex without a condom. The problem here is perspective. This sort of customer regards the hostess as a common 'hooker' and expects her to behave as such whereas the girl does not see herself in this light and is thinking why is this customer behaving like an asshole. Generally the girls working in bars are very good and as long as the customer is also fairly well behaved there would be no problems. That also goes for freelancers. There are exceptions of course such as the ''ice'' heads that hang around Walkabout and GSM.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic