03-08 US Shipped $40B To Iraq & Doesn't Know Where It Went

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

03-08 US Shipped $40B To Iraq & Doesn't Know Where It Went

Post by wackyjacky »

Interesting article. It was actually Saddam's money that had been impounded and there was so much of it that it weighed 363 tons. Getting it from the airport to the Bank of Iraq must have been pretty hairy too. Here's an excerpt I liked: "On one billion-dollar run, Basel used garbage trucks to throw the insurgents off the trail. “I hired garbage trucks, and in the back of the garbage truck you had $1 billion dollars.” Basel said. “And I was in the front with a gun pointed at the driver. I said to him, ‘don't try anything funny. If everything goes well, you'll make $1,000. If you make a move, I'll kill you right here and drive the rest of the way myself.’” LINK: https://archive.today/Uonac#selection-2061.0-2061.424
Last edited by wackyjacky on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: 03-08 US Shipped $40B To Iraq & Doesn't Know Where It We

Post by Sailorman »

Nothing new with America throwing away gold/money. During the Vietnam war my father was a airline captain flying Boeing 707s for Pan Am between America and Vietnam. On one flight he had a load of gold bars. As captain you have to sign and take responsibility for everything. He refused to sign for the gold and they had to wake President Nixon up to get the ok to take off without my fathers signature. My father said that when he landed in Vietnam the gold never touched the ground as it was transferred from his plane to a Swiss plane.

So why won't the US government let the public see what's in or not in Fort Knox?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

was that to pay for Lao Opium I wonder?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I don't understand why this is news.

What do they shell out every day to lose a war/piss off new people in a foreign country?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic