Taxi from SR to PP Airport April 29th

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
toweringeggman
Tourist
Cambodia

Taxi from SR to PP Airport April 29th

Post by toweringeggman »

Having problems finding a dependable taxi driver from SR to PP airport this week. My driver , who has had both
vaxx reports he is forced into a 14- day Q after his return from PP. He priced the trip at 130$, and now presents that due
to his 14-day Q on his return, per his discussion with a police friend, that he cannot do the trip due to loss of
anticipated income during his Q. Essentially stating that the fee must increase to cover his 14 day Q.

Anyone have any information on other drivers in SR, and if his story is factual?

Cheers
beerlaodrinker
Expatriate
France

Re: Taxi from SR to PP Airport April 29th

Post by beerlaodrinker »

toweringeggman wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:53 am Having problems finding a dependable taxi driver from SR to PP airport this week. My driver , who has had both
vaxx reports he is forced into a 14- day Q after his return from PP. He priced the trip at 130$, and now presents that due
to his 14-day Q on his return, per his discussion with a police friend, that he cannot do the trip due to loss of
anticipated income during his Q. Essentially stating that the fee must increase to cover his 14 day Q.

Anyone have any information on other drivers in SR, and if his story is factual?

Cheers
Do you have all your paperwork for the trip? Flight tickets, etc?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

beerlaodrinker wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:01 am
toweringeggman wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:53 am Having problems finding a dependable taxi driver from SR to PP airport this week. My driver , who has had both

Cheers
Do you have all your paperwork for the trip? Flight tickets, etc?
Can't have Covid-19 neg certificate yet as it will be out of date by the 19th.

OP, unless you are very committed to leaving on the 29th, if I were you I would get to PP first - get Covid-19 test and, once clear, head to the Airport the next day. I assume your ticket is fully flexible. Travel between SR and PP is always going to be a big problem.

There are plenty of places to stay in Riverside for a few days and we are nowhere near a Red Zone (yet).

P.S.. Isn't it wonderful to know that taxi drivers have had both their vaccines shots. Moonlighting cop by any chance?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

@toweringeggman this might be a godsend for you to travel SR>PP post488016.html#p488016
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic