Derek Chauvin Guilty

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Derek Chauvin Guilty

Post by Big Daikon »

Nah, it's part of the process of decline. And he hit me first.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Big Daikon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:55 am Nah, it's part of the process of decline. And he hit me first.
Obviously we disagree on policy and who’s riding the crazy train. However, I do have an appreciation for his contributions to the Cute Asian Girls thread.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Apollo91881 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:03 am
Big Daikon wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:55 am Nah, it's part of the process of decline. And he hit me first.
Obviously we disagree on policy and who’s riding the crazy train. However, I do have an appreciation for his contributions to the Cute Asian Girls thread.
Yellow fever unites us all.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Big Daikon wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:21 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:19 pm But c’mon... Nancy Pelosi giving a public speech saying that George Floyd died for our sins?
The deification of street criminals is especially jarring to me.
I wonder how the well educated and affluent blacks in a America feel about have a drug-fucked, drug dealing and violent thief as their poster boy and martyr.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:02 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:19 pm But c’mon... Nancy Pelosi giving a public speech saying that George Floyd died for our sins?
I wonder how the well educated and affluent blacks in a America feel about have a drug-fucked, drug dealing and violent thief as their poster boy and martyr.
You could ask Candace Owens , one of the good ones Image
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:02 am
Have wondered much the same. Taleeb Starkes wrote about Blacks often identifying with their underclass as a measure of "Blackness", in a way he does not observe in White Americans.

Back to your point, plenty of Blacks live decent lives or at least don't violently resist arrest and get shot.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ONLY 22 years

The US white ex-police officer convicted of murdering African-American man George Floyd in Minneapolis in May 2020 has been sentenced to 22 years and six months in jail.

The judge said Derek Chauvin's sentence was based "on your abuse of a position of trust and authority, and also the particular cruelty shown" to Mr Floyd.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canad ... C34744363C
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Id say thats long enough. Without special protection hes unlikely to survive his sentence anyway.
Karma will come calling.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Maybe
BUT there is something about having a judge sentence you to life without parole
that fucks with ur head
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

22 years for being in the wrong place as an addict dies of an overdose while in custody. Sounds excessive, but the pending appeal should throw most of it out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic