Looking to buy a shipping container house/ office

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Looking to buy a shipping container house/ office

Post by The Goat »

Hello and Greetings everyone. I am interested in buying a new or used shipping house container. If anyone knows anybody who is selling one used/new or knows a builder please let me know.
I am very familiar with containers, for I have lived in them before. Please send me a PM. Please don't troll my listing and keep comments related to the topic. I'm quite flexible in types and sizes, so I don't have exact requirements. May also consider buying an empty container and having a builder customize. Thank you
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Looking to buy a shipping container house/ office

Post by fsdfdsdf »

From what I have heard they are expensive to buy these days and need a lot of work insulating etc. Interesting idea tho
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

There are a few sellers on Facebook if you have a look around there. e.g. https://www.facebook.com/delasimobilehouse/ or https://www.facebook.com/containeroffices/
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by The Goat »

@Timmy - Thank you
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

Hi, i bought dozens of used shopping containers for storage in the last couple of years.
Also i have a general idea if what it costs to have one made to size.

Depending on what is the final outcome that you are going for different routes can be better than others.

As a mobile office or storage unit used containers are the best.

If you want to live in it it is better to build one with insulated sandwich panels as walls rater than steel walls.

It also depends if you want to maintain the possibility for the final product to be transported by truck again or if once laid down it will be a permanent static structure.

I reckon that around 5k would get you a 40HQ living container with toilet, sink a couple of lights, a couple of electrical sockets, a window and a door.

However due to the high demand for containers now the prices are quite high as at the moment it is profitable to buy recently decomissoned containers, refurbish them and put them back to work.

Perhaps by August the price of containers will return to normalcy.
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by The Goat »

@Jack R. Thank you very much. I sent a PM.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

The Goat wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:40 am Hello and Greetings everyone. I am interested in buying a new or used shipping house container. If anyone knows anybody who is selling one used/new or knows a builder please let me know.
I am very familiar with containers, for I have lived in them before. Please send me a PM. Please don't troll my listing and keep comments related to the topic. I'm quite flexible in types and sizes, so I don't have exact requirements. May also consider buying an empty container and having a builder customize. Thank you
20ft of 40ft?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

These popped up on FB today. 3 x 6m with bathroom is $4800 delivered. 3.5 x 8m is $7300.

The interiors are Swedish sauna-style. You'd need to add pink batts and line inside to make it nice.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/%E1%9E%95%E1%9 ... 324720742/
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic