Curfew News and Updates

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Curfew News and Updates

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Ricky Dunn wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:32 pm Are they still vaccinating people?
Can confirm a friend of Mrs Cargo got her 2nd vax today.

Edit: just to add, her employer organised the paperwork required.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

The moment the usa and some Western countries will be done with vaccinations vaccines availability will spike and prices for it will drop.
Supply of vaccines is still quickly increasing worldwide with more and more factories getting licenses for the manufacturing of one of the main vaccines and even minor players getting on it (even cuba is making them now).

We will reach soon a point were supply for non developed countries will increase massively as countries like the usa which are using something like 10 millions shots a day will get close to be done.

Assuming that we don't get some new super covid variety that isn't stopped by the current vaccines and we need to vaccinate everyone all over again which is my main worry at the moment with double-mutant variants coming up in india.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Don't know about anyone else but because you can't go out after 8 it's bloody boring, even when most nights I'm at home before 8 , I think same as lockdown I want what we can't have even if I don't normally want it.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:17 pm
Ricky Dunn wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:32 pm Are they still vaccinating people?
Can confirm a friend of Mrs Cargo got her 2nd vax today.
Had mine on tuesday
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

atst wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:52 pm Don't know about anyone else but because you can't go out after 8 it's bloody boring, even when most nights I'm at home before 8 , I think same as lockdown I want what we can't have even if I don't normally want it.
When last at home, we’d have been out and about for several hours during the day, and heading home around 8pm. Being locked up with no exercise time would be infuriating.

The monkeys have been back, invading the balcony, apparently. Previously, I’d chased them off with a big stick. (Haven’t been threatened with having the stick shoved up my arse)
Were I still in Phnom Penh, I might invite them in for a chat if they brought beer with them.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Jack.R. wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:34 pm The moment the usa and some Western countries will be done with vaccinations vaccines availability will spike and prices for it will drop.
Supply of vaccines is still quickly increasing worldwide with more and more factories getting licenses for the manufacturing of one of the main vaccines and even minor players getting on it (even cuba is making them now).

We will reach soon a point were supply for non developed countries will increase massively as countries like the usa which are using something like 10 millions shots a day will get close to be done.

Assuming that we don't get some new super covid variety that isn't stopped by the current vaccines and we need to vaccinate everyone all over again which is my main worry at the moment with double-mutant variants coming up in india.
-------------

I think I saw a medical article saying they have now found a "triple mutation" in India. And they believe 60% of current outbreak is due to this variant. They are being overrun.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

I'm surprised some people are getting 2nd jabs already, I didn't realise Cambodia had been giving them that long

Are the oldest people are getting priority, as in the UK, or is it more down to money in Cambodia ?
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

New roadblocks on Monivong between BKK I and III. St 310 was still passable but if they seal that up we'll have a tough time organising food after they closed all the other markets in our quadrant.
Scarier than malaria.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:45 pm I'm surprised some people are getting 2nd jabs already, I didn't realise Cambodia had been giving them that long

Are the oldest people are getting priority, as in the UK, or is it more down to money in Cambodia ?
There is only a 2 week gap
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:45 pm I'm surprised some people are getting 2nd jabs already, I didn't realise Cambodia had been giving them that long
they haven't
they changed the schedule to start giving second shots asap
for some reason
jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:45 pm Are the oldest people are getting priority, as in the UK, or is it more down to money in Cambodia ?
yes, just like uk, most vulnerable first
that's why you see so many government people and tycoons and their family and friends getting shots

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic