Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Just remember though, you need to check the test requirements for your airline, transit destinations and final destination...most require a PCR test, the Rapid test is not a PCR test, it is an antigen test.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:00 am Just remember though, you need to check the test requirements for your airline, transit destinations and final destination...most require a PCR test, the Rapid test is not a PCR test, it is an antigen test.
Are those rapid test still using nasal and throat swabs or are they blood tests?

I wouldn't mind getting an antigen test, it's possible I came into contact with Covid last March to July in the UK. It would be nice to know.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Doc67 fark knows how they all work?

This is what Googly says...

A rapid antigen test, or rapid test, is a rapid diagnostic test suitable for point-of-care testing that directly detects the presence or absence of an antigen. It is commonly used for the detection of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

Rapid antigen tests are commonly used in the diagnosis of respiratory illnesses. In this case, the rapid antigen detection test looks for proteins produced by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which is the virus that causes the disease called COVID-19.

Antigen tests are immunoassays that detect the presence of a specific viral antigen, which means they identify people who currently have a viral infection. In some situations, they may be a viable alternative to nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT or PCR tests), which look for viral RNA in the sample.

I think what you need to determine whether you've ever been infected is a serology antibody test, which is taken by blood sample

Antibody or serology tests look for antibodies in your blood to determine if you had a past infection with the virus that causes COVID-19.
Alexx
Tourist

Post by Alexx »

Can anyone please tell, what timestamp do they set in the certificate? Of taking the test, or of receiving the paper?
If I say take the test at 1pm on Monday, and will come for the paper at 1pm on Tuesday, what datetime will be stated in the paper? Thank you!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Alexx wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:25 am Can anyone please tell, what timestamp do they set in the certificate? Of taking the test, or of receiving the paper?
If I say take the test at 1pm on Monday, and will come for the paper at 1pm on Tuesday, what datetime will be stated in the paper? Thank you!
Both. See page 3 of this thread and the post by @PSD-Kiwi

Your certificate is dated the day you get it, your lab test results are dated on the day you took the test. Most country's require the certificate to be dated within 72 hours of departure so you have plenty of cover.

Test day 1 - Result day 2 - Fly day 3 (or late on day 2 if you fancy some excitement)

NIPH guarantees results back next day, Pasteur Institute will return the same day.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:24 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:00 am Just remember though, you need to check the test requirements for your airline, transit destinations and final destination...most require a PCR test, the Rapid test is not a PCR test, it is an antigen test.
Are those rapid test still using nasal and throat swabs or are they blood tests?

I wouldn't mind getting an antigen test, it's possible I came into contact with Covid last March to July in the UK. It would be nice to know.
Rapid antigen test is the swab of throat and nose. I'm taking twice weekly for work. They only tell you if you're positive or negative, they won't tell you if you've already had it.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

If going for pre flight covid test you need to fill this out when emailing for your appointment, sorry not sure how to upload documents,

ImageImage
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 am
Alexx wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:25 am Can anyone please tell, what timestamp do they set in the certificate? Of taking the test, or of receiving the paper?
Both. See page 3 of this thread and the post by @PSD-Kiwi

Your certificate is dated the day you get it, your lab test results are dated on the day you took the test. Most country's require the certificate to be dated within 72 hours of departure so you have plenty of cover.

Test day 1 - Result day 2 - Fly day 3 (or late on day 2 if you fancy some excitement)

NIPH guarantees results back next day, Pasteur Institute will return the same day.
is this info still relevant? i just got here and already want to make sure i wont have any hiccups when leaving. I cant afford that .. I know @PSD-Kiwi mentioned Pasteur
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@BklynBoy ...

There are 3 clinics in PP authorised to conduct PCR testing for the purpose of overseas travel...

OPTION 1: National Institute of Public Health - NIPH
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6
- Open 7 days - no appointments, walk-in only
- 0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs
- Cost $130 (PCR Test only) or $150 (PCR Test & Serology IgM Antibody Test)
- Take passport & flight itinerary
- Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day, at 1000hrs for those who test in the morning, and at 1500hrs for those who test in the afternoon.
- Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected
- To save time when you arrive, it is advisable to register beforehand at
https://www.nphl.niph.org.kh/covid19/en

OPTION 2: Institut Pasteur du Cambodge
- Open Mon - Sat only. Testing times between 0730 - 0900hrs only.
- Cost $75
- Test results available for collection at 0800 hrs the following day.
- You MUST make an appointment via email, and you are required to attach your flight tickets and a copy of your passport bio-page and complete an appointment form.
- Email: [email protected]

OPTION 3: Intercare Medical Center
- Open Mon - Sat only. Testing times between 0800 - 1500hrs only.
- RT-PCR test with certificate USD$125, and RT-PCR test with certificate Fit to Fly USD$155.
- Swab taken before 9:30am, you probably get result at 4pm to 5pm same day.
- Swab taken before 3:30pm, you will get result around 10am-12pm the next day.
- For booking and more information, contact at: 023 996 900 / 010 678 324 or email [email protected] / [email protected]
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Yerg wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:32 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:24 am

Rapid antigen test is the swab of throat and nose. I'm taking twice weekly for work. They only tell you if you're positive or negative, they won't tell you if you've already had it.
Is it?
I have to have a PCR test for entry as a passenger into Belgium. Rapid antigen test is not accepted.
Once I'm in Belgium, I'm classified as crew, and exempted in most cases. Except in Belgium, if I loiter for more than 48hrs, they reclassify you as a high risk tourist*, and start demanding 10days quarantine plus release PCR tests.
In the UK, we can have lateral flow tests...

This then ends up as what appears to be an ever shifting matrix of- for country A, PCR is valid but Rapid Antigen and Lateral flow ARE NOT, etc.
It's a wonder the bureaucracy hasn't killed off whatever evaded COVID precautions.

*a bureaucratic anomaly
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic